Megaman 10

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Innerscope
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Gridbug
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, SNES
Programming Language of Choice: Obj-C, C++

Megaman 10

Post by Innerscope »

Another excellent addition to the series. The wonderfully cheesy story and late 80's retro feel is kept well intact. This one is slightly less of a challenge than 9, but still brutally difficult. (on normal/hard modes) Level design is superb as always, and the consequence of dying 100 times never seemed more fair. The inclusion of Protoman is always welcome (hopefully Bass will be a welcome addition too- Apr. 5th as DLC). Boss and enemy patterns along with the visual and audio queues associated with them are well done. New challenge modes are set up as extra stages you can play, as opposed to the more achievement like ones of MM9, although they still have some of those too. They brought some interesting new mechanics to the Boss weapons: one example is the "wheel cutter's" ability to let Megaman scale up walls by holding it out in front of him. The effects of Boss weapons on other bosses are also nicely crafted. Overall definitely worth the 10 bucks for a Megaman fan.

Graphics: 8.0 (there were a couple stages lacking: Chill Man and Sheep Man in particular)
Audio: 9.0 (for the most part rocks, as always)
Gameplay: 9.5 (pretty damn perfect)
Presentation: 9.0 (needs better options for controls, that damn b trigger! otherwise awesome)
Overall: 9.0
Current Project: Gridbug
Website (under construction) : http://www.timcool.me
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: Megaman 10

Post by eatcomics »

awesome, I might get this...
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Re: Megaman 10

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I'm glad to see that nobody has forgotten all about the original MegaMan series that started it all. I think this game looks wonderful! Great review by the way. Also, I have been wondering who the box artists are. lol :lol: I'm sorry, it's just that MegaMan and ProtoMan both look badass. It'd be cool if the characters actually looked as they did on the box art. lol I mean can any of you imagine if Wily actually looked the way he did in the game as he did on this boxart of Megaman 9?

Now that does not look like the sort of scientist you'd want to piss off. :shock: