Omikron: The Nomad Soul (Dreamcast)

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Orgodemirk
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Omikron: The Nomad Soul (Dreamcast)

Post by Orgodemirk »

Graphics:8.5/10 The graphics are damn good but comparing them to a few better titles (Shenmue2, ect.) I'd say they could have been a bit better.

Sound:10/10 Badass voiceovers, nice gun noises, so much damn dialogue, and one great David Bowie song after another.

Gameplay:9/10 I was going to give this a ten, because of all the stuff you can do. This game is like Shenmue with not that much crap to do but still a good amount such as watch T.V., eat, ect. Then I remembered how hard it was to figure out making it damn frustrating, so I gave it a 9.

Framerate:8.3/10 The framerate is nice, but then you get to a spot and it loads, but you can't really blame it. IT's so fucking awesome, and contains so much stuff. In the fighting and FPS sequences it runs perfectly.

Edit-The loading is just like lag. No real load times. How badass is that?

Omikron is a game on Sega Dreamcast and on PC.
It involves your soul being transfered into this Dingus through your Sega Dreamcast.
So you go to this other dimension and your trying to figure out "WHO THE HELL AM I????" Then you must adventure, fight, swim, and first person shoot your way through your investigation.

Omikron is some city on a planet in a big ass dome because the planet is all uninhabitable.

So you have to figure out about this VAST world while playing this Teen rated, animated violence containing, Sexual Content containing, helluva game untill I tell you the best part about it.

DAVID BOWIE!!!!!!

Yes, thats right DAVID F'n BOWIE.

You may ask yourself SO??? But then you play Omikron and OMFG!! DAVID BOWIE!!!

But Sadly, I believe Omikron contains no Dewgongs, but I haven't been swimming yet...

David Bowie did the entire soundtrack for the game but thats not all. He's freaking in the game and you can play as him b!tch. So don't you think you should get your lazy ass up, stop reading this post, and go buy Omikron: The Nomad Soul for the Sega 128 bit Gaming console, DREAMCAST.

or computer if your just a paynis.

Overall: 9/10

GO fucking buy it ass.
Last edited by Orgodemirk on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
A glitch?
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Yeah, that game is just plain beautiful. First off, the game is awesome. Second off, it's for Dreamcast. To finish it off, David Bowie did the soundtrack. You can also inhabit Bowie's soul and play as him in the game.

Dude, if that isn't freaking awesome, then what is? All hail David Bowie!

:bow: :worship:
Orgodemirk
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Orgodemirk »

I totally edited that post. Check it out.
A glitch?
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Awesome. <3 Omikron.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Man that makes me want a Dreamcast even more.:cry:
chrizZz
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Re: Omikron: The Nomad Soul (Dreamcast)

Post by chrizZz »

wow this is one of my most favourite games ever..though i've never met someone besides me who actual played it (im from europe) but anyways yes it's a great game with a great atmosphere, music etc....and it also had some elements from MGS (like talking direct to player) which i liked :)

edit: oh yeah...1 bad thing that really pissed me off...you had to look those damn rings for saving your game ~~
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

paynis
Sweet, peter you're as redneck as I am, I always thought they were joking, but I was wrong!!! Go rednecks!!!!!

Edit: And the game sounds awesome, but alas I have no dreamcast and I hate playing games on my laptop....
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I am not trying to be a douche, but are we allowed to post on ancient topics that were made years ago? I thought there was a rule against this.

But years later I have a DreamCast and have been playing it. I will try playing that game sometime Peter.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Peter and I used to play the shit out of some Omikron. God, I love my Dreamcast...
cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by cronjob00 »

yeah I used to play the game all the time till it got stolen I have an addiction to the dreamcast.
chrizZz
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by chrizZz »

oh i'm sorry i just realised that i digged out an ancient post right after i posted..but then again i thought it is a damn good game ^^
anyways sorry for pushing this thread but i really want to recommend this game to everyone who has a fable for adventures/rpgs ! (sorry for my terrible english)
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Nah! Nah! It's cool. I understand....Just thought I would bring it to everyone's attention.
BlueMonkey5
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by BlueMonkey5 »

Awesome review!! I think i just might get it...