Sonic Chronicles

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Sonic Chronicles

Post by Marx Chaotix »

It was until last night that I have beaten this RPG

I have decided to only give a fraction of the game's storyline since I think it would be rude if I spoiled this beautiful game

GamePlay: 5/5

I have never seen anything like this before. BioWare has introduced a new unique fashion of gameplay for the DS (Dual Screen). Within each battle you encounter you can use each of your team member's special abilities to defeat your opponents. Whether or not they carry out their abilities depends upon the player's ability to maneuver their stylus across the touch sensitive screen. You have a large selection of teamates, each equiped with their own unique abilities to help them maneuver around difficult obstacles. You are introduced to a new and dangerous environment riddled with secrets. To boost each of your character's attacks and abilities you can equip each member with a Chao that you find throughout the game.

Storyline: 5/5

It was a few months after the defeat of the antagonist Dr. Julian Kintobor who goes by the alias of Eggman that Sonic and his friends discover a team of criminals addressed as the Marauders who kidnaps the Master Emerald guardian Knuckles. So Sonic and his allies embark on a dangerous journey to rescue Knuckles and return the Master Emerald how little do they know that their journey goes far deeper than they could have ever imagined.

I am amazed how their different storyline has managed to also stay onto the original storyline. They even put Metropolis zone (Robotnik's main military installation) into the storyline.

Graphics: 5/5

It has very beautiful DS graphics possibly putting the DS to the limits.

Sound/ Music: 3/5

The only thing that I find mediocre in this game is the music. The game was riddled with sub-par old skool Sonic remix's that I did not find suitable. (Not to mention the corny sound you hear when you die).

Overall 4.5/5

This game definitely goes to the top of my list of what games you should buy. Word has it that BioWare already has the entire storyline to the sequel written and is embracing the idea of having it made and cannot wait to get Sega and Sonic Team's approval.

Odds are that the 2nd game is on the way.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Re: Sonic Chronicles

Post by MarauderIIC »

Controls? Is the game too strict about how precise your movements have to be?
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Re: Sonic Chronicles

Post by Marx Chaotix »

MarauderIIC wrote:Controls? Is the game too strict about how precise your movements have to be?
Not necessarily. By moves I was referring to their "special attacks", not their standardized attacks. And you "can" perform the special moves that they use even if you make a few mistakes while doing so. However, if you make a few mistakes the special move won't do as much as it could have been if you did it 100% correctly.