Lord of the Rings Conquest (PC, Xbox360, PS3, DS)

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Aeolus
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Lord of the Rings Conquest (PC, Xbox360, PS3, DS)

Post by Aeolus »

So if you have played Starwars Battlefront 1 or 2 and like it, then you would like this game. Many people reviewed this game as shitty graphics/sucky gameplay but those people know nothing about gaming. First of all if your graphics suck go into Options then Graphics and turn the resolution to your max monitor settings. The reason they suck at the beginning is because the default resolution is 800x600. And the game play is hard, I mean the missions are long and if you fail one part in the mission you have to restart the whole damn mission which can take another 20-30mins just to get to where you were. The cinematic's volume is very low compared to the game noises so you will have to turn your speakers up and then down after the cinematic. The voice overlay while in game sucks because you constantly hear "Run there, A great archer has appeared, Shoot those orcs down! etc..."

For online play it is very laggy, Since you connect to others PCs and the dedicated servers are not stable. So i feel that online play will suck for the next 2-5 months.

In the end i give this game a:

Video:
4 out of 5 stars

Audio:
2 out of 5 stars

Storyline:
4 out of 5 stars

gameplay:
3 out of 5 stars
Hyde from That 70's Show wrote:Woman are like muffins... Once you have a muffin you will do anything to have another muffin... And they know that.
OmegaGDS
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: GMN (C++)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, PSP / Psp Emulation, GameCube, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest (PC, Xbox360, PS3, DS)

Post by OmegaGDS »

I was mildly depressed when this game came out. I was expecting it to come out for a console that I own, but for some reason, it didn't. It came out for nintendo DS (which sucks and is nothing like the real game), but it didn't come out for wii (which I own). It did come out for the ps3, but not the psp (which I own). In my opinion, that would have been the best game ever to put on the psp, but they think it was a good Idea to put it on the ds, and not psp??? That kind of pissed me off. I bought the game for PC, and LOVE IT!!! Yes, the internet gaming sucks (laggs a lot), but it is definitely one of the best games eva (in my opinion). But seriously, they devised this game so I couldn't own it.