Mario Kart (Wii)

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Hyozan
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Mario Kart (Wii)

Post by Hyozan »

Racing

When you first think of Mario Kart, what comes to mind? You may think of the original SNES version that started it all. Or maybe you think of the 64 version that brought it bigger and better.

Well, if you have yet to play Mario Kart for the Wii, you're missing out on a classic remade with tons of new courses, outstanding online play, and fun gameplay that's suited for anyone. In addition to the wild new levels, there are new vehicles to choose from and some you can unlock along the way, not to mention new unlockable characters.

The battle system was a bit disappointing, because it is solely team based now, not to mention timed. The new 'powerups' on the racing courses are extreme, including one that turns your character and kart into Bullet Bill, and allows you to go screaming down the course with pinpoint handling, knocking aside any unfortunate racers who cross your path.

They threw in some of the old levels from the original, and those are nice. I wouldn't go further than nice though. It's enjoyable aquiring the awards to unlock new characters and Karts. The music, of course, is classic Mario music and is always welcome to the ears. Overall, I'd say if you liked the other Mario Karts, you're sure to like this one. Buy, for sure.

And if you weren't to big of a fan of the others, but own a Wii, rent it. Couldn't hurt anything.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Re: Mario Kart (Wii)

Post by MarauderIIC »

Can you play online with more than one person on the same box?
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Hyozan
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Hyozan »

No, you play the online matches with your Wii account, which is specific to the console if I'm not mistaken ( and free to set up), to gain worldwide rating.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Now see, why is there a trend to drop support multiple people on the same box online? I hate that! Gah! /rant
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
OmegaGDS
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: GMN (C++)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, PSP / Psp Emulation, GameCube, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by OmegaGDS »

This was a problem seeing that me and my brother both wanted to play online at the same time ;)

This is definitely one of the best games for the Wii :)