Obscure: the Aftermath (Wii)

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Hyozan
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Obscure: the Aftermath (Wii)

Post by Hyozan »

Multiplayer Survival horror

The thing that stands out the most with this game is it's amazing sound track. The music, in my opinion, is out of this world. I found myself repeatedly going into the 'extras' area and just listening to the songs from the game. Some pretty okay graphics, and witty puzzles are along for the ride too.

On the other hand, the camera and controls feel a bit clunky, and often times can end up killing you in a situation you otherwise would have survived. The voice acting, to say the least, is quite poor. The story in general is okay at best. It feels like it was forced onto paper to get the game into production, rather than time taken for it to draw you in.

The scare factor of this game is actually reasonable, if you can get past its downfalls. The atmosphere at times and in certain areas can be unsettling. Then there are times when the wicked plant creatures inhabiting the game burst through walls and come raging after you. I guess what makes it most scary is that you feel you can't control your character well enough to fight back, so you end up shrieking like a little girl and running away.... Or is that just me?

The CO-OP factor of this game is really what makes it worth spending time on. It is incredibly fun when playing with a friend.

Overall, at least rent or borrow the game and try it with a friend. If the co-op gameplay doesn't get you, the music will.