Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter(PS2)

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Faust97
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter(PS2)

Post by Faust97 »

A very old game? Yes. A dead CAPCOM franchise? Yes. A sucky game? NO.

BoF:DQ for the Playstation 2 is a very detailed and fantastic game. How no one noticed it, I have no idea. I picked it up from Level Up Games in Athens, and its extremely good. My spelling and grammar, however, aren't.

STORY: Ryu and Bosch are Hunters who work for the regents. Bosch is ranked 1/64th, while Ryu is only 1/8192nd. While aiming for a promotion, they both get attacked by Rangers, who release the monster Ryu was guarding. Meanwhile, near death, Ryu is chosen by the dragon, Odjn, to be the physical embdiment of himself, the 100-year destroyer. The "monster" he was protecting is actually a young angel named Nina. After feeing her from a monster using his new D-Dive powers, Ryu realizes he's got alot to do in a short time. I WON'T SPOIL THE REST.

GAMEPLAY: This game plays alot like a mix between Xenosaga, Arc the Lad, Dragon Warrior, and Resident Evil Outbreak. Your moves are done in a very odd, but well devolped, if not difficult, manner. The D-Meter in the screen represents how long till you become the dragon. If it reaches 100%, it's game over.

CHARACTERS: Ryu, Odjn, Bosch, Nina, Lin, and of course Orgin are all such detailed characters in the own ways. They'll make you laugh, frown, and even cry at one point. Thats something I never do.

FINAL VREDICT: Pick this one up. Only 9 bucks at most retailers, and is so worth it. I don't even have time to tell you the replay value. If you can get past the learning curve, its a fantastic game.
lacielacielacielacielacielacielacielacielacieacielacielacielacielacielacielacielacielacieacielacielacielacielacielacielacielacielacieacielacielacielacielacie
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Re: Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter(PS2)

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Faust97 wrote:A very old game? Yes. A dead CAPCOM franchise? Yes. A sucky game? NO.

BoF:DQ for the Playstation 2 is a very detailed and fantastic game. How no one noticed it, I have no idea. I picked it up from Level Up Games in Athens, and its extremely good. My spelling and grammar, however, aren't.

STORY: Ryu and Bosch are Hunters who work for the regents. Bosch is ranked 1/64th, while Ryu is only 1/8192nd. While aiming for a promotion, they both get attacked by Rangers, who release the monster Ryu was guarding. Meanwhile, near death, Ryu is chosen by the dragon, Odjn, to be the physical embdiment of himself, the 100-year destroyer. The "monster" he was protecting is actually a young angel named Nina. After feeing her from a monster using his new D-Dive powers, Ryu realizes he's got alot to do in a short time. I WON'T SPOIL THE REST.

GAMEPLAY: This game plays alot like a mix between Xenosaga, Arc the Lad, Dragon Warrior, and Resident Evil Outbreak. Your moves are done in a very odd, but well devolped, if not difficult, manner. The D-Meter in the screen represents how long till you become the dragon. If it reaches 100%, it's game over.

CHARACTERS: Ryu, Odjn, Bosch, Nina, Lin, and of course Orgin are all such detailed characters in the own ways. They'll make you laugh, frown, and even cry at one point. Thats something I never do.

FINAL VREDICT: Pick this one up. Only 9 bucks at most retailers, and is so worth it. I don't even have time to tell you the replay value. If you can get past the learning curve, its a fantastic game.
It's far from a dead Capcom franchise. There's a new one slated for the PS3.
There is no signature.
Faust97
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Faust97 »

Really? Whoa, sweet. Thats a really good series. I just hope they don't do what Squre-Enix is doing to FF, and go and fuck it all up.
lacielacielacielacielacielacielacielacielacieacielacielacielacielacielacielacielacielacieacielacielacielacielacielacielacielacielacieacielacielacielacielacie