Battlefield 2

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Battlefield 2

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

Ahh, the smell of tank exhaust, the roar of jets, and the thump of troops as they run for cover.

Yeah... Its another Battlefield... 2 For the PC

Sooo... Version 1.0.... CRAP UTTER CRAP BUGGY WORHTLESS CRAP

Version 1.02 - Ownz

First off, my specs
2.53 Ghz P4
1 gig RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mbit Graphics card
1.3gig page file size

Now, you MUST have broadband or this is useless. And a pretty good computer.

Graphics - 5/5 crazy good. If your system can handle it. Mine can run only on medium but its smoother than a silky va-you get the idea.

Gameplay - 4-5/5 It depends on the team really. If your buddies are complete IDIOTS (unlike my clan btw, *cough*Join*cough*) then you'll be going solo and its not terribley fun. However, you can unlock guns for better killing devastation.

Sound - 5/5 Incredible. The rumble of tanks, the crunching of the grass under your feet, and the fear and awe of a jet roaring past you 30 feet up make this game an aural orgasm. Explosions are good. Guns are good. Blowing things up with C4 is GREAT.

Overall - 4.9/5 - Some people still have problems with the game and some ppl are still ultra-noobs but overall this is an incredible game. Pick it up. If you can't? Too bad, we'll tell you all about the fun we have! Teehee shotgun to the face! :twisted:
I HATE Jack Thompson.
Join the Red Tigers Battalion! Ventrilo - 204.11.33.45
Sarah Staples wrote:Lapis the cartoon bunny teaches how to reach orgasm...
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

I'll wait till it doesn't crash on load. In the meantime I'll enjoy Dungeon Siege 2.
There is no signature.
Xylene

Re: Battlefield 2

Post by Xylene »

Fox2Fox2 wrote:Overall - 4.9/5 - Some people still have problems with the game and some ppl are still ultra-noobs but overall this is an incredible game. Pick it up. If you can't? Too bad, we'll tell you all about the fun we have! Teehee shotgun to the face! :twisted:
Yep, ultra n00bs becuase apparently EA developers (or Dice) can't code their way out of a paper bag (lolzlzlzozlzolz!!!). The first set of patches fixed a few things but the game is still loaded with bugs. The server menu is still slow, though not as slow as the first release.

Besides UI problems, the actual gameplay is riddled with issues.

Friendlies sometimes appear as enemies.

The game randomly crashes.

You graze a vehicle and it's instand death. Really, talk about BS.

Video rendering sometimes drops framerate out of nowhere, even on a high end machine.

And more that I don't feel like typing.

I can't believe I paid $50 for this pile of shit when it was first released. I haven't played it in weeks now.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

It's not Dice or EA's developers. It's EA themselves, rushing the games to shelves before it's finished.
There is no signature.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

That game sounds ok not that good I'm pretty sure it could have been a hell of a lot better if the programs spent more time programing the game.
Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

true but the 1.02 patch really changes things. The whole vehicle hit thing is crazy yes, but the bugs are not very common... the team color bug is maybe.... 1/13 games.
I HATE Jack Thompson.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

Hmm.... Yeah, I think I'll just wait for the Next-Gen Console release since my five-year-old machine can't run it.
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Pruned - Bad part of topic split to "Posts you shouldn't make", thread unlocked.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

Well, now that the dust has settled and the admin nukes have been launched. The new update is out and I think it is actually a nice piece of work!

They fixed a lot of bugs (a bunch that I dont want to type and cant access due to gayzorz Dans Guardian!)

They added an old favorite BF1942 map (hehe coolness)

VEHICLE-PLAYER PHYSICS CHANGED! No instant deaths from a slowly downhill sliding LSV!

Lower point requirements for rank so MORE UNLOCKED GUNS WOOT!

They fixed the radio comm rose so you dont have to stand up all the time.

And I still believe this is one of the best games of the year despite some bugs (mainly from EA rushing it. If Dice has full control I'm absolutely sure it would be a higher quality game but hey, thats life)

My judgement for 1.3 is :hitit: definately.
I HATE Jack Thompson.