Mario Vs. Donkey Kong

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Mario Vs. Donkey Kong

Post by Falco Girgis »

Let it be known that everyone should buy this game. NOW.

Okay, where do I start. This game is a drug. The gameplay brings back lots of old skool aspects of Mario, even gives him matrixy moves like handspring, backflip, and even gymnastics on ropes. The game requires you to use your brain, however. As Mario you manipulate switches, climb ropes, and do all sorts of fun things to get keys to unlock doors, and to free Mario toys.

At first, when you see the 6 stages, you'll say Oh my god, this is a short game. You beat those stages then you earn 6 more. Then you'll say: "holy crap, this is a LONG game". Then you beat those and you earn about 10 more and you'll say: "THE ORGASM NEVER STOPS!"

This game his holy. I love it. I still haven't fully beaten it because there is just so damn much to do. It is the perfect combination of puzzle and action to make this game addicting...

And Super Sonic said "BUY IT"...
and the forum members were happy! :!!!!:
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

is this the remake of the one i'm thinking of, where one of the levels is on a plane and stuff and you keep getting SOOO close to donkey kong but then he gets away and there is one level in the forest and you ride ladybugs around and such? i'm remembering very good memories :mrgreen: :kissing:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Yes, Saxman! :shock:

You're exactly right. It is a remake of Donkey Kong '94. That was for the original gameboy. I love that game sooooo much. The new Mario vs. DK takes gameplay aspects from that game. They are actually quite a bit different. Buy 'em both!
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

well you're going to hate me for saying this. but i dont have a gameboy :shock: :oops: :cry: the last one i had was the grey brick and that was years ago. which is why im gettin a ds :| sniff* but i still have vivid memories of that game anyway so I will just go daydream about them now *lalalalalalala* oh you silly switch you didnt go all the way across, i have to move that bug first hohoho what a fantastic game :!!!!: :kissing: :barf:

Post by Guest »

lmfao!

i used to have this game. it was hard but fun :foshizzle:

Post by Guest »

I never actually owned it, but I still did have some fond memories with it. I'll consider playing that game when I'm done being a prick. :mrgreen:
Orgodemirk
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Orgodemirk »

I am going to get this game but I'm also thinking of getting a Saturn so I might not have enough Penniez.
A glitch?
Anarki
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Anarki »

Mario vs. Donkey Kong isn't the only game being remade is it.