Samba De Amigo

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Samba De Amigo

Post by Showdin »

Samba De Amigo
This is my first review so bare with me

Graphics- 7
Music- 10
Game play- 9
Overall rating- 9

Review- Aight, you’re Samba, the maraca shaking, Mexican monkey. What else can I say? There really isn’t much of a storyline to this fantastically, honorable game. There are six colored rings on the screen. Two red, two yellow, and two green. Little blue balls (bawlz mints) fly from the center of the circle of colorful rings. As the balls enter a ring, you must quickly press the correct button. For example, If a ball is flying toward the far right ring, I would press right on the D-pad (or B) the second it goes through the hoop. If there was a ball flying left, press left on the D-pad (or X). If there is a ball going towards the left hoop, and a ball rushing for the right hoop, the second they go through their respective hoops, press left and B (or right and X). Same goes for the other directions of hoops. The object of this game, is to maintain a rhythm throughout an entire song, without missing one note. This game sharpens your ability to keep a beat, as well as your reflexes.

Music- Notice the 10 that I gave this game in the music category? Ask any Samba player, it truly deserves it. The quite respectable creators of this game (The Sonic Team) made very good decisions with the Latin hits that this must-own, Dreamcast title, so proudly bears. The music this game contains, is so catchy and bursting with tasteful flavor, that it fits perfectly into the maraca shaking, Mexican fiesta style gameplay.

GFX- Let’s face it. For Dreamcast level of capabilities, these graphics are not the greatest. The cats, Leopards, and other strange animals are semi choppy and polygon-like (If you will). But, The reason this game’s graphics received an above-mediocre score is because it is bursting with bright colors. There are so, so many different colors flashing before your eyes in this game, that it is a trifle hard not to feel semi-anti-emo.

Well there you have it. Samba De Amigo, a Dreamcast legend. Everyone, if you do not own this game, Buy it now. If you die without playing this game, God will not allow you to pass through his pearly gates. Quite the contrary, he will hurl you down into hell. There you will burn and rot for a punishment of lack of Mexican, maracaism.
You are better than me.
I love me
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by I love me »

I Souly agree, the music is great,but the graphics are a bit choppy.overall i think it would be worth the money.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

It is worth the money. Although I haven't played it in a month and will never get that money back, $7 isn't too much for the enjoyment I got out of it.
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Showdin, I love you and I want you to have my babies.

A perfectly good review my friend.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

Wow, what's with everybody revisiting this old topic?
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

1) Showdin is my bro.
2) Samba De Amigo is one of my alltime favorite games and a Dreamcast legend.
3) I did it 'cuz you and I love Me did.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

I Love Me is my cousin.

He's up in my room sleeping right now....

Don't do ANYTHING he does.

You will probably end up dying.

That includes replying to a topic!