Small Games made in Short Time

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64
Programming Language of Choice: C++, PHP

Small Games made in Short Time

Post by superLED »

Hey!

I just started some speed-game development, or what it is called - I make games in very few hours.
So far, I have made two very small games.

If you just want to watch, here you go. But more, and important stuff, is listed below.
(The most interesting one is the second)

Reaction/Timer game:

Runner Game:

The point of this is to give inspiration to the starters. You don't need to start off by making a super cool, and advanced game.
A finished game is sooo much more valuable than 10 unfinished one.
And when you are done, you can polish it and add more elements to it if you want to.

As you can see in the video above, a small game can be done in a very short time.
For a beginner, it might take you a few days. But it is endlessly worth it.

I, myself, have soooo many unfinished games that it is kinda sad.
I have learned very much from it,
but the thing is that you sometimes have to prove our skills.
I applied for a job at a game dev company, and barely got the job. I had so little to show off.
It really helps to have finished games to show off. And it doesn't have to be super-complex.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Small Games made in Short Time

Post by dandymcgee »

Nice work man! Getting something done and released feels so much better than just tossing it aside, even if it's not perfect. You can always go back later and improve it.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Elho
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Re: Small Games made in Short Time

Post by Elho »

dandymecgee wrote:Nice work man! Getting something done and released feels so much better than just tossing it aside, even if it's not perfect. You can always go back later and improve it.
Great stuff dude. I love simple games like that. I'm going to have to try speed development some time.