Dreamcast Lighting Engine With Bumpmapping

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Dreamcast Lighting Engine With Bumpmapping

Postby Light-Dark on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:02 am

So I've had this project cooking on the back burner for quite some time and now that I have a Broadband Adapter development has accelerated and I've decided to release it to the public: https://github.com/Light-Dark/dclightengine

This is a very basic dynamic lighting engine for the Sega Dreamcast that incorporates bumpmapping and will hopefully serve as a decent reference for those wishing to use the feature on the system. The main lighting routine is written in sh4 assembly for speed whilst the bumpmapping calculations are largely done C-side using the special math macros provided by KOS to be more comprehensible for those who aren't comfortable with sh4 asm . Depending on your method of testing you may have to mess with the makefile a bit. Enjoy, I guess!
<tpw_rules> LightDark: java is a consequence of inverse moore's law: every 18 months, the average program will be twice as slow. therefore, computers always run at the same percevied speed. java's invention was a monumental step

Light-Dark
Dreamcast Developer
Dreamcast Developer

Return to Game Development