Stellar Endeavor

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Tim Wilson
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C++ & Python

Stellar Endeavor

Post by Tim Wilson »

Stellar Endeavor is a game which I've now been working on for about 7 months. Now that I am finally making significant progress in graphics and gameplay, I figured it may be beneficial to tell some people about it.

The Game:
In Stellar Endeavor, you must maintain resources, improve technology, and expand your civilization(s) throughout the universe. The game is a browser-based persistent game in which you can interact with other players in the galaxy, through alliances or more negative means. Everything is pseudo-randomly generated allowing for a different experience for each player.

The Game's History:
I've always loved games involving space, especially the more realistic ones. This eventually led me to a desire to make one. Eventually I decided this concept would be a fairly fun game to play, involving both sci-fi elements along with the ability to play with friends. I originally prototyped the game in multiple forms, primarily in the cross-platform options available, but the project's scope kept getting too large and I became overwhelmed with the project. I later stuck to something I knew a good bit about, which was web development. I am now making the game using WebGL with Three.js for nice 3D graphics.

Some nice images:
I've been primarily working on graphics until now, and I figured some screenshots would be a good way to showcase the game's progress.
The images can be viewed at the URL below, showcasing the planet terrain generation along with the suns.
http://imgur.com/a/UCZjg/all
ph0sph0ruz
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC,Xbox,Dreamcast
Programming Language of Choice: C,C++

Re: Stellar Endeavor

Post by ph0sph0ruz »

Looking good, interested to see more as you progress. Thanks for sharing.
YourNerdyJoe
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: Top secret (not really) Top-Down Shooter for GBA
Favorite Gaming Platforms: GBA, Gamecube, PC, 3DS
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Re: Stellar Endeavor

Post by YourNerdyJoe »

Looks good so far, keep us updated!
See that?.....
Exactly
https://yournerdyjoe.github.io/