Rad Raygun

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Re: Rad Raygun

Postby MarauderIIC on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Played it, enjoyed it :) Got a few chuckles. I do think that it could have been a bit tougher level-design wise -- I only died twice, once from testing if the skull signs actually meant that I shouldn't jump off of the cliff, the second during the barbed-wire covered pit. Perhaps a lower gravity would have let you have more flexibility with the enemy placement. Noticed that my lives didn't carry between levels.

I laughed at Iraqafghaniwhateveritwasistan =)
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Postby Falco Girgis on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:46 pm

Still no 360. :(

Bout to just say fuck it and steal Tyler's...
"So what happens if the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter fails?"
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Postby trufun202 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:15 pm

Falco Girgis wrote:Still no 360. :(

Boooo!!!!!! Your apathy towards saving the 1980's is quite frankly inexcusable, sir! ...but seriously, I do look forward to hearing what you think! :mrgreen:

To all of you guys that have supported me and given feedback - thank you! It really means a lot. It's cool to get feedback from people that "get it." You guys know what it takes to stay true to your vision, build a team, develop the tools, and LAUNCH the damn thing.

:bow:

btw, I've started a Rad Raygun fan page on Facebook. I post reviews / feedback that I've received, along with anything game related that tickles my fancy: http://www.facebook.com/radraygun
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Postby dandymcgee on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:01 pm

trufun202 wrote:Boooo!!!!!! Your apathy towards saving the 1980's is quite frankly inexcusable, sir! ...but seriously, I do look forward to hearing what you think! :mrgreen:

Ohhh the hypocrisy. ;)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby eatcomics on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:39 pm

This is out now? How did I miss the twitter post?

*makes note to download when he gets home to today*
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby MarauderIIC on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:04 am

trufun202 wrote:To all of you guys that have supported me and given feedback - thank you! It really means a lot. It's cool to get feedback from people that "get it." You guys know what it takes to stay true to your vision, build a team, develop the tools, and LAUNCH the damn thing.
Well, maybe everything but that last one ;)
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Postby trufun202 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:23 am

A lot of people have asked for a Steam release, so here's our chance: Rad Raygun on Steam Greenlight

We'll see if enough people want it. :mrgreen:
-Chris

trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Postby dandymcgee on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:14 pm

trufun202 wrote:A lot of people have asked for a Steam release, so here's our chance: Rad Raygun on Steam Greenlight

We'll see if enough people want it. :mrgreen:

I won a paper toy!!!

Also: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1b03bf/awesome_megamanesque_8bit_platformer_rad_raygun/
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby Light-Dark on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Definitely voted yes :).
<tpw_rules> LightDark: java is a consequence of inverse moore's law: every 18 months, the average program will be twice as slow. therefore, computers always run at the same percevied speed. java's invention was a monumental step

Light-Dark
Dreamcast Developer
Dreamcast Developer

Postby trufun202 on Mon May 06, 2013 1:45 pm

In case anyone's interested, I'm going to be live and in-person on ScrewAttack.com's "Out of the Box" show this week. (Wednesday 5/8 @ 11AM CST) I'm going to hang with ScrewAttack crew, talk some Rad Raygun, and also talk about the Rad Raygun booth at SGC. Yes, we get our very own booth at SGC 2013! June 21st-23rd in Dallas, TX. We're going to have 360 and PC versions of the game, plus you can meet the developers and get free stuff.

:mrgreen:
-Chris

trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Postby dandymcgee on Mon May 06, 2013 7:44 pm

trufun202 wrote:In case anyone's interested, I'm going to be live and in-person on ScrewAttack.com's "Out of the Box" show this week. (Wednesday 5/8 @ 11AM CST) I'm going to hang with ScrewAttack crew, talk some Rad Raygun, and also talk about the Rad Raygun booth at SGC. Yes, we get our very own booth at SGC 2013! June 21st-23rd in Dallas, TX. We're going to have 360 and PC versions of the game, plus you can meet the developers and get free stuff.

:mrgreen:

Damn, that is so awesome! Would love to be there. Come to PAX East next year and I'll be there to buy all your merchandise without hesitation.

Take some pictures of the booth.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby Falco Girgis on Tue May 07, 2013 10:10 am

I am beyond jealous... AND PROUD OF YOU!

My Xbox 360 is being repaired (after we dissected the fucker trying to mod it). I still haven't played Rad Raygun yet, but I promise I will as soon as my Xbox is put back together again.

edit: Before you mention the PC version, I only have a Macbook Pro and a Kubuntu box these days. XD
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Postby trufun202 on Tue May 07, 2013 11:07 am

Falco Girgis wrote:I am beyond jealous... AND PROUD OF YOU!

My Xbox 360 is being repaired (after we dissected the fucker trying to mod it). I still haven't played Rad Raygun yet, but I promise I will as soon as my Xbox is put back together again.

edit: Before you mention the PC version, I only have a Macbook Pro and a Kubuntu box these days. XD

Thank you, sir, I really do appreciate it!

If my little sidescroller can get this much press coverage, I KNOW that ES is going to be insanely HUGE when it launches!

btw, speaking of Mac...a lot of people on Steam have asked about a Mac and Linux version. There's a cross-platform library, called MonoGame, out there - which is basically LibGyro for XNA developers. :) I might look into that down the road.
-Chris

trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Postby Falco Girgis on Tue May 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Yeah, we used Mono quite a bit when we were doing Unity3D development at my old job... Worked pretty well for us!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Postby Light-Dark on Wed May 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Quick question, can you please release the soundtrack? It's amazing :worship:
<tpw_rules> LightDark: java is a consequence of inverse moore's law: every 18 months, the average program will be twice as slow. therefore, computers always run at the same percevied speed. java's invention was a monumental step

Light-Dark
Dreamcast Developer
Dreamcast Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development