Configure/Install KallistiOS doubt

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

lefsler
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Configure/Install KallistiOS doubt

Post by lefsler »

Hi,

I'm following this tutorial https://github.com/cjcliffe/CubicVR/wik ... cast-Build to install the KallistiOS in my Debian 6.0.6. But when i do the make i get this error:

Code: Select all

checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: in `/opt/toolchains/KallistiOS/utils/dc-chain/build-newlib-sh-elf-1.20.0/sh-elf/newlib/libc/machine/sh':
configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
See `config.log' for more details
configure: error: ../../../../../../newlib-1.20.0/newlib/libc/machine/sh/configure failed for sh
configure: error: ../../../../../newlib-1.20.0/newlib/libc/machine/configure failed for machine
configure: error: ../../../../newlib-1.20.0/newlib/libc/configure failed for libc
make[2]: *** [configure-target-newlib] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/toolchains/KallistiOS/utils/dc-chain/build-newlib-sh-elf-1.20.0'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/toolchains/KallistiOS/utils/dc-chain/build-newlib-sh-elf-1.20.0'
+++ Fixing up sh4 newlib includes...
cp /opt/toolchains/KallistiOS/utils/dc-chain/../../include/pthread.h /opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/sh-elf/include
cp /opt/toolchains/KallistiOS/utils/dc-chain/../../include/sys/_pthread.h /opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/sh-elf/include/sys
cp: accessing `/opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/sh-elf/include/sys': Not a directory
make: *** [fixup-sh4-newlib] Error 1
Someone know what is the problem, or what i'm doing wrong. I did a research but i didn't found the solution.

Thanks ppl
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: Configure/Install KallistiOS doubt

Post by eatcomics »

Is this thread any help?
lefsler
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by lefsler »

Hi, i tried to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and i had the same problem.
It seems i already have a gcc installed.

root@debian:/opt/toolchains/KallistiOS/utils/dc-chain# gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i486-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Debian 4.4.5-8' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.4/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-4.4 --enable-shared --enable-multiarch --enable-linker-build-id --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.4 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-objc-gc --enable-targets=all --with-arch-32=i586 --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release --build=i486-linux-gnu --host=i486-linux-gnu --target=i486-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.4.5 (Debian 4.4.5-8)

I imagine the DC needs another (old) gcc version do i need to reinstall an older debian (any other linux) version?.

I'm running the make after the unpack.sh
I'll try to make the things one by one and not run the make from the dc folder

Thanks
lefsler
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by lefsler »

No luck until now.. what is the best linux to compile the KallistiOS, i saw that some problems can appear in a new linux version.

Thanks ppl
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

I honestly don't remember how much bullshit I had to wade through to get my toolchain setup, but I'm fairly certain it was pretty painless under Ubuntu.

Care to comment, M_D_K? I think you set my toolchain up. ;)
bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Post by bbguimaraes »

Take a look at this.
GCC FAQ wrote:This error message is quite misleading and frequently the problem has nothing to do with the message.
Don't you just love this phrase?