Testing the water...

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

DatamancerStudios
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Testing the water...

Post by DatamancerStudios »

Hey guys, you may remember us designing a game called galaxy bear.
It was a megaman style platformer that we planned to put a lot of work into but,
We ran into the problem of life. We have full time jobs and big college loan bills
That We are attempting To pay off. I was posting to see if any of you would donate
To a kick starter for this project so we could work on the game full time and deliver a
Quality product and hopefully continue to make games afterward. We do not want to make
Pure unjustified profit off of the kick starter, we really just want to be able to pay our living costs
While working on the game. We will be posting a new build of the game soon as our old engine
And work was lost in a harddrive failure. Until then I just wanna know your opinions on donations and
On features that you think would add quality and replay value to a classic 2d platformer.

P.s. sorry about the weird punctuation and capitalization,
I wrote this on an iPhone and auto correct Is fail!
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Testing the water...

Post by dandymcgee »

I say you go for it! Put yourselves out there, post screenshots on forums / social media / everywhere you can think of. Give yourself ample time to raise the needed funding. Hope for the best, and don't let it get you down if you don't meet your goal. I loved what I saw of the game when you posted the development video a while back, and it would be awesome to see the game come to life.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
DatamancerStudios
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by DatamancerStudios »

Thanks man! That really means a lot to us, we really want to work on games full-time.
We have a whole road-map of how the game is going to be set up in terms of the main story mode.
The only trouble we are having is the additional game modes or content that add value to the game,
you can't just drop in "side quests" like an RPG, so we are thinking once you beat the game maybe there is a
hard mode? With tougher enemies and harder levels?
Maybe once you beat that you can unlock an additional character?
Any Ideas are appreciated!
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

DatamancerStudios wrote: The only trouble we are having is the additional game modes or content that add value to the game,
you can't just drop in "side quests" like an RPG, so we are thinking once you beat the game maybe there is a
hard mode? With tougher enemies and harder levels?
Maybe once you beat that you can unlock an additional character?
Any Ideas are appreciated!
If I remember correctly you had a fairly complete engine and a decent start on the game. Perhaps you could aim to release a playable demo (not a beta, just a simple demo)? That would allow players to give specific feedback on things they love / hate much easier than guessing about what we THINK we would like. This may or may not be the right approach for your team, but it's something to consider.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: