Update On The Void

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

VolsporTV
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: The Void
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, Dreamcast
Programming Language of Choice: C/++ and ByondScript

Update On The Void

Post by VolsporTV »

Recently I have not had a desktop computer to do work on the game so it's all on the respo's for the netbook until I can get enough money to get a new desktop computer.

Before all my computer troubles started up I implemented the chat system and added a few simple 'commands' to allow the users to be more interactive with each other; I will begin work on the character bases sometime soon. I need to get a computer to be able to run some graphics art programs, such as GIMP, CS3, CS4, or CS5. Sadly, my little netbook barely runs GIMP; why Acer put Windows 7 on a computer with only 1GB of RAM and a Intel Atom 1.60GHz processor is beyond me. I may try to install XUbuntu or another distro of Linux Ubuntu to get the art work started.

I lost a bare minimum of 6-10 lines of coding that I have replaced and the lines are functional and working like they should be. I plan to implement the combat system in sometime this week, along with working HP and MP bars and spells.

I do apologize for the lack of posts about the game, but I have been super busy with real life and I haven't had time to do much work on it, or let alone do any posts on here about the progress. I have one week of school left and it's pretty much cram week at my trade school I go to school. I have completed a chapter every day just to try to fit all the material we didn't cover during the school year into the last couple of weeks during school, I have a final exam for Computer Repair and Troubleshooting II and CCNA II next week on Monday. I am hoping to finish both classes and the final exams by the end of this week, I took both today and tomorrow off to get notes and labs done for the two classes and have the exams done by Friday!

Other Things Besides The Void

I have started playing RuneScape again, I have also went back into the music scene doing vocals and screams. I enjoy doing it whenever I can. It's a joy, I don't care what risks it means I take but I do what I enjoy.

I finally got a job, I am now an employee at Godfather's Pizza in Enid, Oklahoma. I do anything around the kitchen from goldening pans to making pizzas. I'm going to try to get every Monday and Saturday off to work on The Void. I am as of right now just working shifts that can go any from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. it all depends on how many orders we get that day. Some days I can be gone by 6, others I won’t get out until 9. Depends on how busy we get. I work Sunday mornings 11-3, buffet...oh what a horrid nightmare. Trying to prep all the pans and goldens while making pizzas is a pain. Oh well, I'll get used to it. I finished my first week of work Yesterday (Sunday, May 13, 2012), I get along with all the workers there so hopefully it won’t be too bad...