What are the plans?

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

hydroxy
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: http://www.blurrygames.com

What are the plans?

Post by hydroxy »

I've been watching the Youtube videos for about 2 years now, great series btw...

I've just got a few questions:

-When you say you are developing a toolkit, does that mean that you are going to use it to make a game or is it being made for other peoples' projects?

-If you do make a game do you hope to monetise it?

-If you are monetising it, what method are you going to employ? By selling it on your website, on Steam, on Desura, via crowdfunding (e.g. Kickstarter), or perhaps something else entirely?

I hope these questions are not too blunt, I'm just curious after watching the videos...

Thanks in advance
JarrodParkes
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Yes, iPhone Application(s)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: What are the plans?

Post by JarrodParkes »

hydroxy wrote: -When you say you are developing a toolkit, does that mean that you are going to use it to make a game or is it being made for other peoples' projects?
The ESTk will be used to create the game Elysian Shadows. Furthering the toolkit to be a more robust and general tile-based toolkit for use outside of Elysian Shadows is pending. I wouldn't expect any news about that until the game itself is created.
hydroxy wrote: -If you do make a game do you hope to monetise it?
-If you are monetising it, what method are you going to employ? By selling it on your website, on Steam, on Desura, via crowdfunding (e.g. Kickstarter), or perhaps something else entirely?
Falco is the man for that question. But as always, money is not the focus here. We are FOCUSED, DEDICATED, and DETERMINED to make Elysian Shadows first.
hydroxy
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: http://www.blurrygames.com

Post by hydroxy »

Ok that's good to know

I was wondering what happened to the earlier game in development, it was called something like Elysian Shadows Revolutions. Did it get finished? Is it the same game that is currently being developed?

Thanks for the prompt reply by the way
superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64
Programming Language of Choice: C++, PHP

Post by superLED »

hydroxy wrote:Ok that's good to know

I was wondering what happened to the earlier game in development, it was called something like Elysian Shadows Revolutions. Did it get finished? Is it the same game that is currently being developed?

Thanks for the prompt reply by the way
It is the same game. It was a 'revolution' because so much in the engine was replaced.