Garbe Engine/Editor C++/SDL

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

lalacomun
VS Setup Wizard
VS Setup Wizard
Favorite Gaming Platforms: psx, nintendo ds, gameboy advance, xbox 360, ps2
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: Garbe Engine/Editor C++/SDL

Post by lalacomun »

Ok so here is a short vid of my new inventory system that i have been working on yesteday
Now in good quality! :mrgreen: !!

o and i am making a new video of the new menu system that is not ready yet but it has the basic functions: New game,
Load game and Help ;) Hope you guys enjoy!
JesseGuarascia
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by JesseGuarascia »

My God... it's all in one file. How do you get anything done?! If I have more than like, 1000 lines in a file I have a heart attack. You're sitting here, so unorganized, doing fine somehow.

I want to know your secret. Btw, since you say you learned from the almighty LazyFoo, check out this article, http://lazyfoo.net/articles/article07/index.php . READ IT BEFORE YOUR CODE BECOMES TOO CONFUSING.
-- Jesse Guarascia

I like C/++, SDL, SFML, OpenGL and Lua. If you don't like those, then gtfo my sig pl0x (jk trollololololol)
lalacomun
VS Setup Wizard
VS Setup Wizard

Post by lalacomun »

JesseGuarascia wrote:My God... it's all in one file. How do you get anything done?! If I have more than like, 1000 lines in a file I have a heart attack. You're sitting here, so unorganized, doing fine somehow.

I want to know your secret. Btw, since you say you learned from the almighty LazyFoo, check out this article, http://lazyfoo.net/articles/article07/index.php . READ IT BEFORE YOUR CODE BECOMES TOO CONFUSING.

jeje no is not in one file it is in 6 files is just that i only had the engine.cpp opened at that time ;) you can see my previous vids i think i had like 4 or 5 files open :mrgreen:
JesseGuarascia
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by JesseGuarascia »

lalacomun wrote:
JesseGuarascia wrote:My God... it's all in one file. How do you get anything done?! If I have more than like, 1000 lines in a file I have a heart attack. You're sitting here, so unorganized, doing fine somehow.

jeje no is not in one file it is in 6 files is just that i only had the engine.cpp opened at that time ;) you can see my previous vids i think i had like 4 or 5 files open :mrgreen:
Oh okay. Still, though, engine.cpp looks HUGE! You should probably try breaking it up into different sections, or maybe trying to design some of the code a little bit better. If you keep writing in that file at the rate that you are, things are bound to get confusing as hell. :P
-- Jesse Guarascia

I like C/++, SDL, SFML, OpenGL and Lua. If you don't like those, then gtfo my sig pl0x (jk trollololololol)
lalacomun
VS Setup Wizard
VS Setup Wizard

Post by lalacomun »

JesseGuarascia wrote:
lalacomun wrote:

Oh okay. Still, though, engine.cpp looks HUGE! You should probably try breaking it up into different sections, or maybe trying to design some of the code a little bit better. If you keep writing in that file at the rate that you are, things are bound to get confusing as hell. :P
yea you are right the engine.cpp is like 1200 lines :shock2: and thats i am going to do right now!!
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Java

Post by Ginto8 »

Just going to throw this out there: I don't think I've ever had a single source file with more than 600/700 lines, and those source files probably would have benefited from some significant reorganization.
Quit procrastinating and make something awesome.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
lalacomun
VS Setup Wizard
VS Setup Wizard

Post by lalacomun »

Ginto8 wrote:Just going to throw this out there: I don't think I've ever had a single source file with more than 600/700 lines, and those source files probably would have benefited from some significant reorganization.
Well i am glad to say that i already ogranized the code and its now divided into 7 source files, the engine .cpp is now 720 lines long :)