Networking Project

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Teser0ck
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Platformer game, Map editor, Particle system
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Networking Project

Post by Teser0ck »

Hi there, this is my secondary project I am working on to improve my networking skills. It's going to be kind of a chat program with many additional things to do while chatting If you want to know more about it, take a look at my youtube channel ( http://www.youtube.com/user/Teserock ), I'll post more news about this project there.

Screenshot : Image
JarrodParkes
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Yes, iPhone Application(s)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64, PC

Re: Networking Project

Post by JarrodParkes »

This looks awesome, I guess I would ask questions, but I probably need to go check your YouTube stuff first! I will have to do that after work, but it seems pretty sweet and the background things going on behind the chat remind me of many in-game load screens where you can either beat the heck out of your co-op teammates, shoot basketball, w/e.

Good luck!
Teser0ck
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Teser0ck »

Thank you for your post, actually on the background is going to be a lot of things just for fun when chatting, like you can play music globally, share images and so on, now it's done because I didn't want to have just a white background :)
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Trask »

It appears to be very cool... it's good to work on this type of skillset, I think it's not a common enough practice amongst most of us game devvers, despite the fact that multiplayer components are so in demand in game devving. This of course can be used in and out of game development too.... good work!
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
lalacomun
VS Setup Wizard
VS Setup Wizard
Favorite Gaming Platforms: psx, nintendo ds, gameboy advance, xbox 360, ps2

Post by lalacomun »

Nice work!, later on you can make a "2d social network", in where you can create you avatar and join a loby to chat and meet other people =) just an idea!
Teser0ck
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Teser0ck »

Thank you both
I think it's not a common enough practice amongst most of us game devvers, despite the fact that multiplayer components are so in demand in game devving.
Yeah, someone has to do this ;)
later on you can make a "2d social network", in where you can create you avatar and join a loby to chat and meet other people =)
It's actually going to be something like that. I don't have any plans for this project, I just add there something when I think it would be cool :mrgreen:

Here's a quick update of what have I done, I can send files now ! Here's a video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WGsPUJ1qJo
lalacomun
VS Setup Wizard
VS Setup Wizard
Favorite Gaming Platforms: psx, nintendo ds, gameboy advance, xbox 360, ps2

Post by lalacomun »

Simpler ;) !!