Dawn Engine Development

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

dastick
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Dawn Engine Development

Post by dastick »

Hello, I am currently in the process of making a 2D Game Engine for the PC / Mac / Linux in C++ SDL.

For more information you can visit my channel for more information!

http://www.youtube.com/user/101MUDman101

The engine can so far load up all the subsystems, start and stop a global clock and maintain the frame rate. It also sends debug information too a file which tells me what is being loaded and what hasnt.

Regards
szdarkhack
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Re: Dawn Engine Development

Post by szdarkhack »

I'm also doing a similar project (it has kinda stalled for some time now, because of lack of time mainly), so i'll be looking forward to following your progress with this :)
jaybee
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: 2d platformer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, SNES, Genesis, DOS
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by jaybee »

Nice progress man! I've been procrastinating on making a level editor for a while now for my platformer. I know it will make the whole process a lot easier but I just really don't want to do it lol. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take the project.
"Do I really have to spell this out? What if a bunch of punk kids go into the woods with a bullet proof vest and strap it on a grizzly bear? Then what have you got? Invincible bears. Is that what you want? Invincible bears running around; raping your churches and burning your women?"
101MUDman101
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Elemental Dawn (2D RPG)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++, Lua, Perl

Post by 101MUDman101 »

My new account is called 101MUDman101, forgot I had this account :D
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.

Damn Right.

Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/101MUDman101