Hello from a fellow programer!

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Lisergishnu
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Hello from a fellow programer!

Post by Lisergishnu »

Hello everyone!
My name is Marco and I'm from Chile. I've been following the Adventures on Game Dev. Youtube series for a long time. I have been programing since 2004. My primary programing language is C++, and I've been extendedly using the HGE library for the graphics. In this way, I came here looking for advice on some things I kind to get stuck on (programing a game design mostly).

I'd like to share some of my completed games.

First is my first completed game, Tantrin (a tetris clone) made some years ago. I find the keys somewhat sticky, but it's totaly playable, including a scoreboard :mrgreen: .

DOWNLOAD HERE

The last project I finished was Sudoku Madness, which had an extra goal: make it without looking on internet for advice, so I had to figure out myself the algorithm for generating (and validating) playable Sudoku's. The finished game is also totaly playable, records your last score, has a hint option, and at last (but not least) I designed it so you can play it without a keyboard (I hate those sudoku games you find everywhere, where you have to use the keyboard to enter the numbers): you have to right click on the cell so it brings up a numpad and then you just enter the desired number.
I believe that some games generated might have no solution, so please be aware of that... :oops:

DOWNLOAD HERE

From now on I will lurk the forums for knowledge 8-) . I'd love to share some videolog with you guys, but my native language is not English, so I'm not very fluent speaking it... Maybe I'll try someday do some videologs in Spanish, and do subtitles in English, if there's any quorum ;)

Well, I guess thats me :)

PS: I also know Java because I've been working on Android, but that's another story...
PS2: Source is available on request ;)
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Hello from a fellow programer!

Post by dandymcgee »

Hey Marco, welcome to the forums. Thanks for taking the time to present some of what you've done. I look forward to future game dev discussions. ;)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: