Hello Everyone

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Mymothersmeatloaf
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Hello Everyone

Post by Mymothersmeatloaf »

Hey everyone, I'm rather new to this forum and I started game programming about a couple years ago. Currently I am working on a project with java that is a tile based RPG that i plan on making it online once i get down the aspects of it. In the process of making this game i am also learning java and learning how to optimize my code more for the less processor usage and less memory. I do not have a youtube, and I really do not like showing anything until significant updates are made, i am hoping to upload some new information soon.
k1net1k
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by k1net1k »

Welcome :)

Stay a while and listen
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Welcome fellow meatloaf lover.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Mymothersmeatloaf
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Actually my alias was first introduced whenever I got into computer gaming, In other words my mother makes some pretty horrbile meatloaf :P
Obscurity
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Obscurity »

Mymothersmeatloaf wrote:Hey everyone, I'm rather new to this forum and I started game programming about a couple years ago. Currently I am working on a project with java that is a tile based RPG that i plan on making it online once i get down the aspects of it. In the process of making this game i am also learning java and learning how to optimize my code more for the less processor usage and less memory. I do not have a youtube, and I really do not like showing anything until significant updates are made, i am hoping to upload some new information soon.
Hello, Mymothersmeatloaf. Welcome to the forums. :)

That's pretty cool! Are you basing or modeling the tile-based RPG after any other popular Java-based games (RuneScape)?
Do you have any plan(s) you could reveal to us? Anything that'll make your game truly unique, or innovative even...?
Do you have a list of desires, of ideas you'd like to add? Is this just a "add-it-as-I-go" type of deal? Explain more in depth, please! :mrgreen:

You should make a YouTube channel, you should create videos every now and then and keep a private update progress.
When the game is complete to *your* satisfactory level (which is usually NEVER), you should post the completed game!
Then post all the previous non-satisfactory modifications/improvements, so we (the world) may watch your game grow, and climax!!! :bow:

... I do hope you share something.. It's always interesting to see new ideas. :)
Mymothersmeatloaf
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

I hope to get something out her sooner or later, and to answer your question, I'm basing it off a game I used to play as a child called ROPW(Realms Of Past Worlds) that was made in game maker. I'm have some ideas what it may be like, but if anything i would like it to be unique and not repetitive like a lot of games out there.