Current Project: Beat 'em Up

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

zeid
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: Current Project: Beat 'em Up

Post by zeid »

Well I installed XNA a while ago, so even though I only started the project recently, I didn't bother updating the SDK. Even though there are plenty of good reasons not to use the latest versions of SDK's or software development tools at times, in this case it was just laziness. I will try and update before the next release.

Right now I'm hard at work coding in hit response. So far I have basic attack-box to hit-box collisions that cause knock-down responses. The system will get a little more elaborate soon.
Axolotl Pop!
Or, try it for free.

For many more free games online visit www.sam-zeid.com
zeid
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: Current Project: Beat 'em Up

Post by zeid »

More or less finished the engine functionality for attacks and their collisions. There are a couple of ways to get infinite attacks going so any design ideas to solving that issue would be appreciated (I know a number of ways other games have used to avoid these problems but am always interested to hear what others think).

Here is the latest build with hit response mostly completed.

Hitting the character once or twice in a row will cause a small amount of hit stun. Hitting the opponent twice currently puts them in a stunned state for a couple of seconds. Hitting the opponent while in stun state will launch them. Also the 'x' attack will automatically launch the opponent when it hits them and you can combo it off of a normal attack launch if timed right.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20744218/a0.1.zip
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... x?id=15163

p.s. I haven't yet bothered updating my version of XNA.

Axolotl Pop!
Or, try it for free.

For many more free games online visit www.sam-zeid.com