android game development?

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Re: android game development?

Post by Trask »

dandymcgee wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:I forbid people to watch that shit. TheNewBoston keeps pushing our channel back on "game development" search queries on Youtube. :nono:
Well what do you expect.. it's been what? a freakin year since something was last uploaded to your channel?

You could at least record yourself and Kendall playing through the last level of some epic Sega Saturn game every once in a while. 8-)
Oh, snap! And Dandymcgee takes a shot at Gyro.... haha. I would agree that even a mini-video with some sort of randomness just to bump the channel would probably go a long way with the peeps, just to let them know you guys are alive and haven't disbanded. Though any video that is NOT the new AIGD series will be prompted with 50 billion replys of where is it? But then again, every new AiGD video prompts those same questions, so lose lose I suppose.

I like the newboston channel actually. I found his videos on the UDK to be quite good.
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

I have to admit that people asking for "just a little update, even something stupid" gets old.

We have always been about putting quality material on that channel. It represents our hard work with Elysian Shadows. We don't have the "just throw some shit out there, it'll be good enough" attitude with ES, so we don't want to have it with our channel. I'd rather never make a Youtube video again than let my channel degrade into a half-assed vlog.

With that being said, I've completely reworked the way that the series is going to be filmed and produced. The last two videos were an absolute nightmare to produce, and there is no way that we will be able to consistently create videos with the hellish nightmare of production that is involved with each video. The next video will most likely be the last "full length" dev video to happen on our channel. Our "epic return" doesn't completely hinge on me, though. The engine was at a state to make the best dev video ever since last Christmas. Until the new site is completed and the Toolkit is in beta, there will be no Chapter 18. Fortunately, we're very close.

I like TheNewBoston's channel as well. I've actively redirected people from my channel to his channel before (not that he needs it). Just because I like (or even admire) somebody doesn't mean that I will not actively try my hardest to outdo them. ;)

Oh, and guess whose ugly face is still number 1 years later? TheNewBoston still doesn't have anything on that.
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Trask »

I getcha, Falco and I certainly respect that. Just throwing it out there.
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

GyroVorbis wrote:I have to admit that people asking for "just a little update, even something stupid" gets old.

We have always been about putting quality material on that channel. It represents our hard work with Elysian Shadows. We don't have the "just throw some shit out there, it'll be good enough" attitude with ES, so we don't want to have it with our channel. I'd rather never make a Youtube video again than let my channel degrade into a half-assed vlog.
I totally understand that, and also know more than most how busy you've been working hard on your new job and ES lately. Nothing is keeping you from making a secondary channel for your half-assed vlogs though. Just an idea. ;)

I wouldn't mind having serious ES related things, then a completely separate bored and fucking around channel where you show off your latest bi-weekly purchases and some game play of them.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: