Shmup challange!

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

THe Floating Brain
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: RTS possible Third Person shooter engine.
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, Wii, Xbox 360, GAME CUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Python 3, C#

Shmup challange!

Post by THe Floating Brain »

I decided to see what I could do with a week of free time (school vacation) and a week with school, here is the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVHwl71Q85M (link for download in description).
"Why did we say we were going to say we were going to change the world tomorrow yesterday? Maybe you can." - Myself

ImageImage
JesseGuarascia
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Re: Shmup challange!

Post by JesseGuarascia »

That's definitely the sexiest thing I've seen in a long time considering it only took you a week. I hope you continue along with the project, because it looks like it has some real potential. What are you using there, SFML? Also, is that original art? If it is, wow man, a week of work with some awesome stuff like that. +1. If it isn't... fuck it, +2.
-- Jesse Guarascia

I like C/++, SDL, SFML, OpenGL and Lua. If you don't like those, then gtfo my sig pl0x (jk trollololololol)
THe Floating Brain
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: RTS possible Third Person shooter engine.
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, Wii, Xbox 360, GAME CUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Python 3, C#

Re: Shmup challange!

Post by THe Floating Brain »

Thank you :-) To answer your questions; yes it is original art and SFML. Btw it was 2 weeks(I don't want to take more credit than is due). :-)
"Why did we say we were going to say we were going to change the world tomorrow yesterday? Maybe you can." - Myself

ImageImage