The Eternal Quest

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: The Eternal Quest

Post by dandymcgee »

eatcomics wrote:Backup to what my ass?
If you honestly cannot think of a single way to backup your files before an OS reinstallation.. send me a PM.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
MrDeathNote
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: cocos2d-x project
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES, Sega Megadrive, XBox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by MrDeathNote »

eatcomics wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:
eatcomics wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:Other than the building, it's alright. Eatcomics.. make some building tiles and stop being so damn lazy. ;)
Yo I had some building tiles... then I had to reinstall my OS xD
I'm computer literate, that excuse doesn't work for me. It's called a backup bro.
Backup to what my ass?
CD, DVD, flash drive, external hard drive, online storage... pick your poison.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeathNote1988

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg." - Bjarne Stroustrup
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

dandymcgee wrote:
If you honestly cannot think of a single way to backup your files before an OS reinstallation.. send me a PM.
Calm down, it was more to the fact I couldn't access my files... and pure lazyness, Besides I lost a couple buildings, a shitty character I was working on, and some old art I already gave em, it wasn't a big deal. I'm keeping my stuff on dropbox now. Any questions?
N64vSNES
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by N64vSNES »

I hate to side with eatcomics being too lazy to back up his shit but I never back up my OS either. I've never lost work this way however I get a feeling that It'll happen.....

My computer did once break with all my work on it but the HD was fine so I just switched the jumper and set it up as a secondary slave on another computer and got the files.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

eatcomics wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:
Calm down, it was more to the fact I couldn't access my files... and pure lazyness, Besides I lost a couple buildings, a shitty character I was working on, and some old art I already gave em, it wasn't a big deal. I'm keeping my stuff on dropbox now. Any questions?
That was an offer for me to host 'em for you bro, didn't mean for it to sound harsh.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

dandymcgee wrote:
eatcomics wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:
That was an offer for me to host 'em for you bro, didn't mean for it to sound harsh.
Well thanks man, but hopefully I will get my server up for backups one of these days....
N64vSNES
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by N64vSNES »

Not much...But it shows we're still working our asses off. ;) ......Some of us
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Boy, some of us have other obligations besides coding and smoking.

I'm sorry if Luke is in a band, Chris enjoys vacationing to florida, Gino sucks his own dick, and Peter... well he does art so I'll excuse him. (And I have scholastic bowl/am newly elected president of robotics club/have friends/tend to get in trouble a lot at home)

I'm going to work on the editor now. Seeing as how science fair is over (Got sixth place btw) 102%, and its a double grade so a 204 out of 200. That's what I get for doing no work and putting it off until the last second ;)
N64vSNES
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by N64vSNES »

eatcomics wrote:Boy, some of us have other obligations besides coding and smoking.

I'm sorry if Luke is in a band, Chris enjoys vacationing to florida, Gino sucks his own dick, and Peter... well he does art so I'll excuse him. (And I have scholastic bowl/am newly elected president of robotics club/have friends/tend to get in trouble a lot at home)

I'm going to work on the editor now. Seeing as how science fair is over (Got sixth place btw) 102%, and its a double grade so a 204 out of 200. That's what I get for doing no work and putting it off until the last second ;)
I was trying to give out the impression that we've secretly been working......You kinda fucked that one up :|
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

N64vSNES wrote:
eatcomics wrote:Boy, some of us have other obligations besides coding and smoking.

I was trying to give out the impression that we've secretly been working......You kinda fucked that one up :|
We have been working, but you know seriously, quit bitching on facebook, we all got obligations
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Jesus. It's starting to sound like our Private Development forum in here. :shock:

1) Kick Peter's bitch ass off the team.
2) Pull Gino's dick out of his mouth.
N64vSNES
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by N64vSNES »

GyroVorbis wrote:Jesus. It's starting to sound like our Private Development forum in here. :shock:
I guess that means we're doing good? :lol:
GyroVorbis wrote: 1) Kick Peter's bitch ass off the team.
The art has to come from some place, and he may not be Pritam, but he's close ;)
GyroVorbis wrote: 2) Pull Gino's dick out of his mouth.
I'm afraid he choked and died, the team is twice as productive now :)
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

GyroVorbis wrote:Jesus. It's starting to sound like our Private Development forum in here. :shock:

1) Kick Peter's bitch ass off the team.
2) Pull Gino's dick out of his mouth.
Minus the peter part I think this is a great idea... Now if we could just get jess to die we'd have no problems... amirite N64?
N64vSNES
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by N64vSNES »

Some random and probably not very interesting videos of the engine that I never put on youtube

A few of them you might have already seen. Don't expect anything interesting but.....Heh I can't be as epic as we'd all like.

EDIT:
A nice little preview of some new art work by Peter:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

The new art is sparse, but very nice!