Nestix: Story Line

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I thought I knew what it was, but with all this Geno stuff going on, I'm not sure anymore. I think we better slow down and discuss the story line of this game. Whats up with Geno!?!?!
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

You know what, you're being a fool...

Quit it with the Geno prejudice. His background is just that he's a protector of the star haven which is where the dreams come true.

Do you know how much deviation and stuff that leaves? We can have this awesome character do anything.

Man, I'm so tired. Lemme get my coffee and I'll work us up a storyline.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Okay, about a gallon of coffee and green tea later, I think I have a pretty kick ass storyline.

Now sit down and read this. ALL of it. I worked my ass off researching all of this matter, antimatter, dark matter crap. The whole storyline was just now made original too. You can imagine how long it took to think this up.

Okay, AHEM!

There are 2 main kinds of matter that compose the universe. Matter and antimatter. We all know that when matter and antimatter come in contact with one another, they literally destroy each other. The thing that divides the universe from these 2 matters is a third kind: Dark Matter. The point is to have matter parallel with Geno and all the others like Mario, Samus, Kirby, etc. Anti matter is paralleling with the bad guys here. Dark matter on the other hand is different. It isn't as abundant as the two other types. It's mysterious and powerful. It is completely neutral and has absolutely no alignment with good or bad.

The way that the universe doesn't automatically destroy itself is the dark matter. It is "dark" because it's generally unreactive. There is a barrier or border of dark matter that divides the matter from antimatter. This dark matter border is what keeps the universe in balance and prevents total chaos.

It is upheld by an orb. A mystic orb of dark matter that generates this barrier. Since the beginning of time the two universes have been separated in peace. Nobody (on the matter side) knows of the antimatter world. Only the dark overlord or last boss of the antimatter universe knows of the matter on the other side of the dark matter.

After years of summoning up an army of antimatter (not at all unlike your Saroman's army from lord of the rings), the big last boss evil dude decides to steal the mystic orb that creates the dark matter barrier. This completely disrupts the balance between matter and antimatter.

Thus the saga begins as a fight to defend the good (matter) universe from the evil (antimatter) universe.

All bosses and baddies are antimatter warriors.
Mario, townspeople, Geno, everyone else are good matter people.

The ancients are mystic. They have no quarrel with either side. They've been alive since the dawn of time, and their immortal souls will continue to live until the end of time. This gigantic war for the universe means nothing to them. They align themselves with nobody. You do meet these mystics in the game, but not often. Generally, NO -- always, they'll be in secrets. They won't hurt you and are actually helpful in their own ways. A VERY good place for a mystic encounter is that old minus world glitch in Super Mario Bros. Doing your world 1-2 secret can get you your first ancient encounter. They speak a foreign tongue (leet). They can give you hints, tell you of secrets, sell/give you items.

Geno, being a guardian of star road is one of the first warriors called to protect the matter realm from antimatter. Thus, the saga begins!

Good god, I need more coffee. What'd you guys think?
Last edited by Falco Girgis on Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Awesome! It's a great plotline (just need the name of the last boss). I like the idea. Oh, and since it wasn't answered on the NEStix Chaotix 2 topic, are we keeping those Viper and Flamethrower guys I made? If you are, they're evil, :twisted: if you're not keeping them, oh well... :cry:
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I vote we keep 'em.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I reread it and I'm not sure if I clarified that the mystics ARE the dark matter people. That's why they're neutral and mysterious and all.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

GyroVorbis wrote:I vote we keep 'em.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

It good Gyrovorbis, but I'm kinda confused. Why does the big evil guy want to disturb the darkmatter if it will just destroy him (refering to when anit and regular matter meet)? Does he have a motive?

Ok, so we have a broad plot idea, but how does it tie in with going to various old games and such. Are we going to do the "anti" hero deal like antimario and antikirby?

And I still don't see where Geno comes in.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I think I give up with you and Geno. If you don't see where he comes in, just imagine he drops from heaven if it'll help.

Why does Saroman wish to overthrow middle earth and rule it all if he knows his people will die fighting the good guys? Because he believes he has more even more powerful badguys at his descretion than the goodguys. So sacrifices must be made.

I was hoping maybe you guys could come up with something to tie Mario and MegaMan, etc in with the game. Maybe something like the greatest warriors of earth were summoned to do battle before Geno was. They were all captured in the respective worlds then Geno was summoned from Star Road as a last resort.
JS Lemming wrote:Why does the big evil guy want to disturb the darkmatter if it will just destroy him (refering to when anit and regular matter meet)? Does he have a motive?
Dark matter is the wall that divides the two. Dark Matter will not destroy him. That's how the universe works. If it would, what would keep them all from exploading? Dark Matter is unreactive that's why it's used as the barrier. The matter is what destroys the antimatter. He does disturb it because he believes the antimatter is stronger in power and can withstand the war with matter for t3h universe.

I don't know... AntiKirby, AntiMario... I always thought cloned copies of goodguys were really lame. Like the whole MetalSonic idea. We can have other badguys be the antimatter fellows...
Last edited by Falco Girgis on Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

GyroVorbis wrote:I was hoping maybe you guys could come up with something to tie Mario and MegaMan, etc in with the game. Maybe something like the greatest warriors of earth were summoned to do battle before Geno was. They were all captured in the respective worlds then Geno was summoned from Star Road as a last resort.
Here's something I thought up. I know none of it's my part in NEstix, but I just have some ideas. Here goes...

Okay. Kirby is the protector of Dreamland and such. Maybe Dreamland and star road could have formed an alliance to have made dreams and stuff easier to have or something else like that. The antimatter people have used dark matter to corrupt dreams made in Dreamland and star road, therefore hurting life on the main planet. The dreams have hyponotized people on Earth, turning them into Flamethrower guys and such other villains. Somebody (it can be anybody) close to Mario has turned into a villain through the hypnotism, and Mario decides that he must stop this, but he realizes he can't do it alone. Meanwhile, up in Dreamland and on star road, evil is beginning to take over. As all of the inhabitants begin to become monsters, the citizens who still are normal decide that they must send one inhabitant of Dreamland, and one inhabitant of Star Road to Earth to get help. These two are Kirby and Geno. Meanwhile, Megaman has worked with Samus to increase their weapon abilities, when their equipment is stolen by evil. They have also built a dangerous weapon that could lead to the end of the world if put into wrong hands. Samus and Megaman discover Mario has had trouble with the evil, and they form a group to help stop the evil. After that, Kirby and Geno arrive on Earth, and find out that their vehicle has injured an innocent bystander. Presumably, Link is that person. Link decides to join both of them, where they find Mario's group, and join it. Now that all the heroes are together, they plan to send each person into one world where they will fight the monsters and the head bosses in each realm, to find all 8 golden pieces of a sword, which when all brought together, will create a golden sword that is the only thing to destroy the ultimate evil, a.k.a., the final boss. The heroes are about to break away, when they discover that Geno has no abilities. The heroes decide that if Geno shall become a true hero, he must defeat all of the evil. They tell Geno of their plan, and that they will teach him some of their greatest attacks to help him along the way. Geno agrees, and NEStix Chaotix begins. However, there is a little amount of time before all darkness will break loose on the world.

That's what I've got. Boy my fingers are tired.
Last edited by spideyspiderman2000 on Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I HATE Jack Thompson!
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Dark matter is the wall that divides the two. Dark Matter will not destroy him. That's how the universe works.
I was hoping you would have followed the chain of events, I meant that destroying the dark matter would kill him since it was the only thing between the two matters. Man... we're saying the word "matter" too much.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

But then again, Dark matter is nuetral, and it could possibly be more evil than good, which actually might help a bit, but you make a good point.

I HATE Jack Thompson!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Gah, do you realize how damn annoying it is when you explain something and people go on talking as if you had never done that.

There is no avoiding it this time. Next person who says anything about "Why did antimatter want to destroy itself" or something gets a boot rammed up their ass!

Pretend you didn't see this!
:mrgreen:
Me!!!!111one wrote: Why does Saroman wish to overthrow middle earth and rule it all if he knows his people will die fighting the good guys? Because he believes he has more even more powerful badguys at his descretion than the goodguys. So sacrifices must be made.
Me!!!!111one wrote: Why does Saroman wish to overthrow middle earth and rule it all if he knows his people will die fighting the good guys? Because he believes he has more even more powerful badguys at his descretion than the goodguys. So sacrifices must be made.
THERE FOOLS! I HATE it when people do that. They make you explain and act like you never did explain. Take Cobain for example.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

GyroVorbis wrote:Gah, do you realize how damn annoying it is when you explain something and people go on talking as if you had never done that.

There is no avoiding it this time. Next person who says anything about "Why did antimatter want to destroy itself" or something gets a boot rammed up their ass!

Pretend you didn't see this!
:mrgreen:
THERE FOOLS! I HATE it when people do that. They make you explain and act like you never did explain. Take Cobain for example.
Oh I got it! Aww nope, it slipped away. Your going to have to repost what you said earlier. :lol: