I just ported the Tile Collision/Destruction demo to the DC.

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

I just ported the Tile Collision/Destruction demo to the DC.

Post by Falco Girgis »

I was up pretty late last night working on that. It actually worked the whole time, but I screwed up on the graphics when I put 0 as a color. Tvspelsfreak reminded me the next morning that that's illegal with the PVR.

Now that I have it working on DC, I'd have to say it ownz the PC version of it. I have analog stick, Dpad, and even VMU support.

You can jump with A, shoot tiles with the R trigger, and for those of us lucky enough to have a coder's cable (Tvspelsfreak and I) we can take screenshots with Y.

The demo makes good use of JS Lemming's VmuGx. This is what is displayed on the VMU:

Trust me, It looks alot cleaner and nicer on the actual VMU. It always does.

Here is a screenshot I took from my DC:

I know it is scooted up 16 pixels, but I had to correct KOS for drawing it too low. It is perfectly centerd and beautiful on the TV. If you like what we make with SDL on the PC, you'd LOVE playing it on a console. It's just so great.

I think I'm going to add a little Dreamcast and PC on the downloads section so you can select which you want to download for. Seems like I'm porting all of the SDL crap to DC so we may as well have it downloadable.
Last edited by Falco Girgis on Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orgodemirk
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Orgodemirk »

That is pretty damn badass.
A glitch?
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Koo! But I have a question, it looks like the very right and bottom of a tile is missing a line of pixels, is that just look like that cause of the TV or something?
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Yeah, TV is at lower resolution than your monitor.

Also, can we declare this place the test room? When I start the goombas (hopefully this weekend), I can push a button and do battle with them. Test their AI. This is a nice little environment to do stuff like that.

Also, just adding a second player to that room on Dreamcast is fun. Even if you can't interact, just jumping around and blowing things up 2 player with 2 controllers and a dreamcast is fun. Ahhh... the greatness of a console.

JSL, I'm begging you. Get a DC for christmas.