Marauder's orthographic projection game

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Oh. Forgot this was here. :)

My little man runs into them, jumps, falls faster with gravity, and can shoot the terrain into little pieces. He also has three different frames of "animation" you can change by clicking the mouse (at the moment), and since they're different sizes, they also now change the size of his bounding box :D (So you can bridge a gap with one frame and fall through with another. Heh.)
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

:shock:
Whoops, I forgot about that little baby, Marauder. I do think your demos should be downloaded/able. Let it be downloadable off your site? Even yet, I need to give you FTP access to thechaosrift as you are an admin.

You should join "Team Chaos" as +3|-| |_33+ C++ Programmer. With the new site, plenty of space has been cleared up. We could host anything you could make. With JS Lemming working on the PC section of the site, all of your work and efforts could be reviewed and written about there.

I don't know about you guys, but MarauderIIC will certainly be in the DC credits. He is one hell of a programmer.

We would also benefit in another way. He has |_33+ PHP skillz and could probably make a PHP script to generate HTML reviews and crap based on form input.

Imagine filling out a form about your project and then uploading a demo/screenshots/whatever to go along with it. Then the HTML page is generated and the links on the main page are updated.

Heh, I'm getting caried away. Marauder hasn't even agreed to join us yet. Let it be known, Marauder ownz us all with his |_33+ programming skillz.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Presenting Team Chaos

Post by Falco Girgis »

This isn't TheChaosTeam. That died with the original plan of the site. Now, we're Team Chaos. No longer a web development team. Now, we're a game development team. Here is the Team Roster.
Super Sonic: Programmer
(HTML, Perl/CGI, C++)

JS Lemming: Programmer
(HTML, JavaScript, BlitzPlus)

Arce: Programmer
(BlitzPlus)

Coal: Graphic Artist
(Sprite/Character design)

Dark Crusader: Graphic Artist
(Level/Scenery design)

FredDibnah: Midi Composer
(background, level, everything music design)
Although these other two aren't part of Team Chaos, they will be heavily involved as they are testers:
Hyper Shadow
Anarki

Indeed...
Last edited by Falco Girgis on Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

My little man runs into them, jumps, falls faster with gravity, and can shoot the terrain into little pieces. He also has three different frames of "animation" you can change by clicking the mouse (at the moment), and since they're different sizes, they also now change the size of his bounding box :D (So you can bridge a gap with one frame and fall through with another. Heh.)
His game is FUN. Yes, FUN. It's just awsome! It's not the type of game that I consider a starter, look at it and forget it. I still have it, and use it. The terran are awsome! ANd it's funny, to fit in certain spaces, you change your dude's frame to a smaller one. That's cool.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Arce wrote:

His game is FUN. Yes, FUN. It's just awsome! It's not the type of game that I consider a starter, look at it and forget it. I still have it, and use it. The terran are awsome! ANd it's funny, to fit in certain spaces, you change your dude's frame to a smaller one. That's cool.
How come I haven't got to see it? :cry:
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

WHat i didnt see or played that game yet where is it :shock:
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph

Post by Guest »

Marauder, you might want to make it downloadable...?
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

It already is. I dunno how 'fun' it really is, since there isn't much to do.

But

http://www.thechaosrift.com/marauderiic/ -> files -> mouse.rar (right click, save as)
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.

Post by Guest »

OMFG, not fun my arce!
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

It only let me save it as an HTML document. :cry:
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

what program should i open it as?
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

You need WinRar.
Last edited by MarauderIIC on Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Don't you guys know how to use a HEX editor? Come on! When you downloaded Mouse.rar, it looked like a .html right? Well, just change the extension with a hex editor to .rar. FOOS
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!