What projects are you currently working on?

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: What projects are you currently working on?

Post by dandymcgee »

Hey Andy K. that looks awesome! You've got a good idea going on, don't give it up ;) .
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Andy K.
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Andy K. »

dandymcgee wrote:Hey Andy K. that looks awesome! You've got a good idea going on, don't give it up ;) .
Nah this is a pretty simple thing. A buddy of mine suggests doing an ingame level editor for it, and be able to save maps to keep it from being repetitive, etc.

But I am really not comfortable talking so much about it right now :lol: I must return it to my hermit cave and scare teenagers that camp near my cave at night.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

Lol
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
genetransfer
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by genetransfer »

being my first post here would just like to say hi! I really like the adventures in game development series on youtube, and thought I'd join here aswell.

Project Name: haven't thought of one yet :)
Project Start Date: start of October 2008
Platform: PC
Peripherals: keyboard & mouse,generic gamepad, xbox 360 controller
Technologies: C++, HLSL
Tools: Visual C++ Express 2008, photoshop, fxcomposer, 3Impact engine, lightwave 9

Game Info: this is a 3rd person shooterish kind of thing though will have some FPS elements aswell(but want to move away from traditional weapons). It's unfortunatley being made by me alone in my spare time,unfortunately as it's just not that much fun developing things on your own, I mean saying somethings badass without someone there is a little bit of buzz kill :), and it's finnally looking like I'm going to cross the finnishline on this one. I've had many projects that died for many reasons, but alot was learned through the resulting previous failures. Currently working on the inside of the players submarine, and other vehicles. will have alot of cool features though you'll have to follow on youtube to see them as they are implemented, if your interested.

character base:
sub early stages:
where it's at:

Link to my youtube channel
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Looks nice, at least =) I know what you mean about 'and no one is there is sort of a buzzkill', I tend to do best when I can say "hey check this outz I posted it to the repository!"
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

That is INSANE for a one-man project. Amazing work muh friend.
Last edited by trufun202 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Holy shit, that is very, very impressive. I subscribed to your channel as well!
genetransfer
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by genetransfer »

thanks for the support people! all of what you guys are doing is really inspiring too, I didn't realize how many talented devs there where hidden on youtube, look forward to seeing everyones projects as they progress.
cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by cronjob00 »

I agree it looks great I subscribed.
PixelP
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Programming Language of Choice: c/c++

Post by PixelP »

Vey impressive!
Last edited by PixelP on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyppo
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Hyppo »

Hi

I'm working on a 2D offline RPG and a 2D multiplayer shooter.Channel
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

Awesome dude! That's a sweet sub.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

genetransfer wrote:being my first post here would just like to say hi! I really like the adventures in game development series on youtube, and thought I'd join here aswell.

Project Name: haven't thought of one yet :)
Project Start Date: start of October 2008
Platform: PC
Peripherals: keyboard & mouse,generic gamepad, xbox 360 controller
Technologies: C++, HLSL
Tools: Visual C++ Express 2008, photoshop, fxcomposer, 3Impact engine, lightwave 9

Game Info: this is a 3rd person shooterish kind of thing though will have some FPS elements aswell(but want to move away from traditional weapons). It's unfortunatley being made by me alone in my spare time,unfortunately as it's just not that much fun developing things on your own, I mean saying somethings badass without someone there is a little bit of buzz kill :), and it's finnally looking like I'm going to cross the finnishline on this one. I've had many projects that died for many reasons, but alot was learned through the resulting previous failures. Currently working on the inside of the players submarine, and other vehicles. will have alot of cool features though you'll have to follow on youtube to see them as they are implemented, if your interested.

character base:
sub early stages:
where it's at:

Link to my youtube channel
I am definitely going to subscribe to you :mrgreen: :lol: :) ;) :shock2:
genetransfer
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by genetransfer »

:) thanks, currently working on an editor to export game object classes for my game (as typeing is getting a bit monotonous when making game objects) so will have some more videos a few weeks from now. I had been putting it off but it's time to implement it! :)
qpHalcy0n
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by qpHalcy0n »

Hello, I'm Shawn Simonson. I lurk.

I've got a project me and a small team have been working on for a little while now.

Name: Quadrion Engine
Platform: Windows
Technologies: DirectX9/OpenGL, nVidia PhysX
Using: Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008, Autodesk 3DS/Maya, GTKRadient/Valve Hammer Editor

This project has undergone so many metamorpheses that I can not really say what it is at this point other than a very flexible game engine. The direction we've taken lately and also tested recently is to open the codebase up to other developers via an SDK. In the forseeable future, developers will be able to write plug in game modules that will hook into Quadrion's framework to give the developer an almost unlimited creative framework with which to work. This is something we have tested recently with excellent results. So we're going to let loose the creative reigns and only manage the technical side.

Quadrion supports industry standard model formats: .3DS, .MAYA, and .DAE (Collada)
Supports industry standard texture formats: .TGA, .JPG, .DDS, .BMP, (On the fly DOT3 matrix normal map generation, heightmap gen, and S3TC texture compression where avail.)
Entirely Shader-based renderer allows full control over graphics pipeline.
Engine can be built under DirectX9 or OpenGL target and is fully portable. Engine DLL can be dropped into any project w/ DX9 SDK.

Anyhoo, that's about it.

http://www.youtube.com/QuadrionEngine
http://www.quadrionengine.com