What projects are you currently working on?

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

genetransfer
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Re: What projects are you currently working on?

Post by genetransfer »

Just subscribed, really awsome looking engine! look forward to see more of this...
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Wow haha, that engine looks absolutely amazing!
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
LuciDreamTheater
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by LuciDreamTheater »

I'm working on a game called, Ascent. It's my first original idea, so I'm pretty enthusiastic about it. Unfortunately, however, I don't have a lot of time to work on it right now. To summarize, it's intended to be a side scroller without levels, and it will have a deeper plot. The name, Ascent, came from the fact that the player will gradually climb a mountain throughout the game. It's not going to be a traditional side scroller that has the player move from right to left in each level. As he approaches the peak, the scenery will change. He will start in a lush valley, travel through a thick forest, and fight the bitter cold as he climbs to the top. There will be several cues that indicate to the player what the environment feels like. In cold temperatures, his breath will show as he reaches the top, and his steps will "squish" as he travels around the lake. I want there to be context sensitive movements and attacks. Running will be a gradual process of acceleration, and as he reaches a high speed, his normal jump will turn into a long jump. Etcetera etcetera. If anyone wants to read my partial design document, I will consider posting the link. For now, just watch the second development video:

http://anothrguitarist.googlepages.com/ ... ideo2.html
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

anothrguitarist wrote:I'm working on a game called, Ascent. It's my first original idea, so I'm pretty enthusiastic about it. Unfortunately, however, I don't have a lot of time to work on it right now. To summarize, it's intended to be a side scroller without levels, and it will have a deeper plot. The name, Ascent, came from the fact that the player will gradually climb a mountain throughout the game. It's not going to be a traditional side scroller that has the player move from right to left in each level. As he approaches the peak, the scenery will change. He will start in a lush valley, travel through a thick forest, and fight the bitter cold as he climbs to the top. There will be several cues that indicate to the player what the environment feels like. His breath will show as he reaches the top, and his steps will "squish" as he travels around the lake. I want there to be context sensitive movements and attacks. Running will be a gradual process of acceleration, and as he reaches a high speed, his normal jump will turn into a long jump. Etcetera etcetera. If anyone wants to read my partial design document, I will consider posting the link. For now, just watch the second development video:

http://anothrguitarist.googlepages.com/ ... ideo2.html
When you were saying this, the first thing that came to my mind was "Sidescrollers have been doen before..." then you started to describe it and you caught my interest.... The vision in my mind was a giant metal slug looking world... You probably have a different vision but I think a metal slug that was like this would be cool.... anyways </rant>
LuciDreamTheater
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by LuciDreamTheater »

eatcomics wrote:When you were saying this, the first thing that came to my mind was "Sidescrollers have been doen before..." then you started to describe it and you caught my interest.... The vision in my mind was a giant metal slug looking world... You probably have a different vision but I think a metal slug that was like this would be cool.... anyways </rant>
Thanks for the feedback. A metal slug isn't out of the question, as I haven't decided on the look of the main character yet. The only stipulation I have is that it can be drawn simply. If I find an artist, on the other hand, then I'll give her complete artistic freedom, so long as the images work within my system and stick to my vision at a rudimentary level.
Aeolus
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Aeolus »

Wow QP and Gene thats simply amazing.

Sub'd to both.
Hyde from That 70's Show wrote:Woman are like muffins... Once you have a muffin you will do anything to have another muffin... And they know that.
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by LeonBlade »

I'm working on my multiplayer game A FPS Game that M_D_K just helped me out with a bunch!
Thanks again M_D_K!
There's no place like ~/
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Good idea changing your avatar, I barely realized it was you :lol:
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by LeonBlade »

eatcomics wrote:Good idea changing your avatar, I barely realized it was you :lol:
Haha, thanks!
There's no place like ~/
Aeolus
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Aeolus »

Leon didnt you mention your game earlier in this thread.
Hyde from That 70's Show wrote:Woman are like muffins... Once you have a muffin you will do anything to have another muffin... And they know that.
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by LeonBlade »

Aeolus wrote:Leon didnt you mention your game earlier in this thread.
Did I? Uhh... I don't remember...
There's no place like ~/
Joeyotrevor
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Joeyotrevor »

I'm currently making a simple RTS in C++ using SDL.

There are 3 units: Tank, Turrets, and Production Centers. Tanks are the offensive unit, turrets are stationary defensive units, and production centers generate money.

This picture shows what happens when it doesn't cost anything to build units. :lol:

Edit: I just finished the enemy AI, here's a screen shot(accidentally saved as jpg so it looks like shit...)
Last edited by Joeyotrevor on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Code: Select all

eb 0c 48 65 6c 6c 6f 20 77 6f 72 6c 64 21 31 d2 8e c2 30 ff b3 0a bd 02 7c b9 0b 00 b8 00 13 cd 10 eb fe
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Haha, neat. Do they shoot at each other yet?
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Joeyotrevor
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Joeyotrevor »

Not yet. I'm going to make the enemy and it's AI next, then I'll add combat.

Code: Select all

eb 0c 48 65 6c 6c 6f 20 77 6f 72 6c 64 21 31 d2 8e c2 30 ff b3 0a bd 02 7c b9 0b 00 b8 00 13 cd 10 eb fe
PixelP
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Programming Language of Choice: c/c++

Post by PixelP »

looking good. :)