What projects are you currently working on?

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: What projects are you currently working on?

Post by Falco Girgis »

Sorry, gentlemen, he's taken. ...by his wife.
jesterguy
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by jesterguy »

Gonna steal trufuns post as a nice template. :mrgreen:

Project Name: Space Tactics (actually that's what I call it we have no official name)
Project Start Date: Some time this summer (forgot)
Platform: PC
Technologies: C++, Lua, OpenGL
Tools: Visual Studio 2008, paint.net, notepad++

Game Info: The game is a 2d turn based tactics game like final fantasy tactics, tactics ogre, disgaea and so on. The game will be set in space and rather then having a squad of guys you'll command a small fleet of ships. Ships in the game have a certain class such as frigate and destroyer and different class ships are able to equip different types and amounts of weapons and other components, Rather then units taking one tile on a small grid we decided to make a larger grid of smaller tiles and make ships cover multiple tiles based on the size of the ship allowing for things like certain components to be damaged if there position on the ship is hit. We have some ideas for a sort of rpg aspect by giving experience to the ship crews allowing them to preform they're jobs better and in turn make the ship itself stronger, also we may do like sins of a solar empire and give some capital ships special abilities. Later on after we've finished up the battle stuff we'll create a sort of galactic map like the world map of other tactical games, when on the map you'll be able to travel to planets and star bases to buy new equipment and possibly pick up missions.
Theirs plenty of other little details but that's main idea right now although everything is subject to change, Also as a last note were trying to make sure the game is very moddable as far as
ships and components go and if we ever get to the point of having missions and such they'll prolly be easily moddable as well.

Screen Shot
There are other ships around that you cant see due to fog of war, And yes I know the ships name runs off the pop up box its on our bug list.
I will live forever or die trying.

"Human beings didn't evolve brains in order to lie around on lakes. Killing's the first thing we learned. And a good thing we did, or we'd be dead, and the tigers would own the earth."
- Valentine to Ender ("Ender's Game")
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

That's looking like complete win, my friend.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

GyroVorbis wrote:Sorry, gentlemen, he's taken. ...by his wife.
:lol:
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

that looks very good, jesterguy..

Damn.. This is an all-star forum.. x] there aren't any fail projects..

Somebody please post something stupid, to make me feel better about my project.. xD
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

cypher1554R wrote:that looks very good, jesterguy..

Somebody please post something stupid, to make me feel better about my project.. xD

ok, I'm making a random as crap game for the DS. I call it....I can't even find a name crappy enough to fit to it...

Basically its like the flash game Bowman, just on the DS with crappy graphics xD at the moment I'm working on getting collisions in between the arrow and the damn bird....I want those damn birds dead....
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Trask »

Well, aside from having a good sounding plan and a lot more experience then when I first thought about doing this 7 years ago, I have every potential for failure. So there's still hope!
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

jesterguy wrote:The game is a 2d turn based tactics game like final fantasy tactics, tactics ogre, disgaea and so on. The game will be set in space and rather then having a squad of guys you'll command a small fleet of ships.

I had an idea like this not to long ago...
rolland
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: Starting an Android app soon
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1, N64
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by rolland »

This is kinda stupid, so here you go :mrgreen: :

I'm also going to "borrow" trufun's post as a template.

Project Name: PongDS (Working Title)
Project Start Date: sometime between Oct 19th and Oct 25th?
Platform: NintendoDS (or NDS Emulator)
Technologies: C/++, PAlib
Tools: VisualHam, M$ Paint, Pagfx (converts images to nds-usable files)

Game Info:
A 2-player pong game for the DS. It will play vertically, with one player on each screen of the DS. Each player will hold their respective right side of the DS and play using either Left/Right on the D-pad for player 2, or Y/A for player 1. I'm also making it a main goal to integrate wifi into it, so you can play from 2 DS'es instead and not look as lame. I have some basic experience with sockets and packets, so the wifi thing should be doable. I hope that all makes sense (if not, I'll draw a picture of my concept and upload it somewhere).
I'll write a signature once I get some creativity and inspiration...
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

rolland wrote:

This is kinda stupid, so here you go :mrgreen: :

I'm also going to "borrow" trufun's post as a template.

Project Name: PongDS (Working Title)
Project Start Date: sometime between Oct 19th and Oct 25th?
Platform: NintendoDS (or NDS Emulator)
Technologies: C/++, PAlib
Tools: VisualHam, M$ Paint, Pagfx (converts images to nds-usable files)

Game Info:
A 2-player pong game for the DS. It will play vertically, with one player on each screen of the DS. Each player will hold their respective right side of the DS and play using either Left/Right on the D-pad for player 2, or Y/A for player 1. I'm also making it a main goal to integrate wifi into it, so you can play from 2 DS'es instead and not look as lame. I have some basic experience with sockets and packets, so the wifi thing should be doable. I hope that all makes sense (if not, I'll draw a picture of my concept and upload it somewhere).

You using libnds or PAlib?
rolland
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: Starting an Android app soon
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1, N64
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by rolland »

You using libnds or PAlib?
I'm using PAlib. Why?
I'll write a signature once I get some creativity and inspiration...
imran.hoshimi
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Nothing. :(
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, XBox360, PS2, SNES and almost all of them.
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by imran.hoshimi »

Hello guys,

I worked on a J2ME game last week. Its a Pong clone. Not a very Hi-Fi clone but thats better than lying around and doing nothing isn't it?

[VIDEO]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdKlHbqGtzk

[SCREENSHOT]

Cheers!
Imran Hashmi
Andy K.
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Andy K. »

Well, I was working on a project but I put it on the back burner, it was called Little Dracula's Daytime Adventure, where you play as a little Dracula trying to find your teddy bear. I made a simple prototype but then quit when I found out Little Dracula was an animated series. =P Here is just the simple engine I made: http://www.vimeo.com/2115758

Now I'm working on a project called "Project Paclevania" (that's not the real title). As you guessed it's sort of like a mix between Pac-man and Castlevania, it controls like pac-man, but you attack with a whip. The footprints are invisible monsters chasing the player which you can't kill, but there will be monsters that you have to kill in order to open a path in the trees.

It's really too soon to ever be talking about it, I'm having a bitch of a time doing the AI, I'm trying to get the footprints to calculate the closest path to the player and then play it, avoiding tree collisions, but I screwed up somewheres, anyway here's a screenshot:

These are placeholder graphics but it's going to be using the 4 color Gameboy palette. Still too super early to be talking about this though. :lol:

Things I've done:
Player movement (pac-man style)
destroyable enemies
a smooth map scrolling system (like the old Zelda games)
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

Andy K. wrote:Well, I was working on a project but I put it on the back burner, it was called Little Dracula's Daytime Adventure, where you play as a little Dracula trying to find your teddy bear. I made a simple prototype but then quit when I found out Little Dracula was an animated series. =P Here is just the simple engine I made: http://www.vimeo.com/2115758

Now I'm working on a project called "Project Paclevania" (that's not the real title). As you guessed it's sort of like a mix between Pac-man and Castlevania, it controls like pac-man, but you attack with a whip. The footprints are invisible monsters chasing the player which you can't kill, but there will be monsters that you have to kill in order to open a path in the trees.

It's really too soon to ever be talking about it, I'm having a bitch of a time doing the AI, I'm trying to get the footprints to calculate the closest path to the player and then play it, avoiding tree collisions, but I screwed up somewheres, anyway here's a screenshot:

These are placeholder graphics but it's going to be using the 4 color Gameboy palette. Still too super early to be talking about this though. :lol:

Things I've done:
Player movement (pac-man style)
destroyable enemies
a smooth map scrolling system (like the old Zelda games)
haha, sweet! I love the color palette idea.
-Chris

trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

imran.hoshimi wrote:Hello guys,

I worked on a J2ME game last week. Its a Pong clone. Not a very Hi-Fi clone but thats better than lying around and doing nothing isn't it?

[VIDEO]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdKlHbqGtzk
Awesome, it runs smooth. I've done some J2ME development myself. Aside from dealing with phone compatibility, its fun. ;)
-Chris