What projects are you currently working on?

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

gooncorp
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Re: What projects are you currently working on?

Post by gooncorp »

here is a video of the project i am working on
me and one guy from the netherlands. i do the code, he does the models.

we are trying to do a space simulator. details to follow.

Gooncorp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuuV6TmvUFk
VolsporTV
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: The Void
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, Dreamcast
Programming Language of Choice: C/++ and ByondScript

Post by VolsporTV »

I'm currently working on a game written in ByondScript called "The Void". It is a 2D RPG, that has the feel of any normal RPG. I will be re-writing it in C/++ in the years to come to make it run on other OS's and possibly other platforms.

If you want to know more about the development look at my Tumblr.
http://www.theworldofprogramming.tumblr.com

You can e-mail me as well.
thevoiddevelopment@hotmail.com
RandomDever
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: My Engine
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by RandomDever »

I have just finished making a Breakout clone.
Nothing too awfully special but here's the link:
http://donsvoice.com/randomdever/BreakOut!.zip

Edit: I almost forgot to mention. This is the first game I have released which contains all original content (other than the idea of breakout) I made all the graphics
and while the music is from a sound library, it is not copyrighted so I count it as original. :)
Enjoy. :mrgreen:
But if you don't enjoy it, maybe you could go get ice cream... or some other food you like. 8-)
Anickyan
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Anickyan »

I am currently working on a Fez-like game. It will not be anything like Fez though, as it will be a shooter. I don't have any images, or anything to show right now, as I am deep in planning. I hope it will turn out well; if so, it will be my first "big" game.

- Anickyan
bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Post by bbguimaraes »

I just finished a hypermidia project for a class in college. I'm planning on making a video for Youtube as soon as I get some time.
DistortedLance
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC

Post by DistortedLance »

I've been working on a small engine in C++ with support for Lua scripting. It's currently really messy, so I'm thinking I'll rewrite a large portion of it so I can use a different approach (currently, the only input handling occurs in the state machine - I want to have an Input Subsystem or something like that instead of making direct calls to just SDL). I did roughly write out a component-based entity system, although I have yet to come up with either a messaging system or a way to make calls to purely virtual functions without giving too much direct access to components. I also have to work on a level system (I scrapped my old one because it was messy and used globals; it was written like a year ago, and I just wanted something quickly thrown in to make sure stuff worked).

A side "project" of mine (although I guess it can't really be considered a project, hehe) is learning to program for the Wii. I've managed to send a "Hello, World" over the network to my Wii and run the .dol, and I've also set the background color to anything from blue to magenta. Next would be actually rendering sprites and whatnot, but I'll take it one step at a time ^_^ I might end up copying Elysian Shadow's approach and create an extra layer of abstraction so stuff can work on Wii without changing any code from the PC, but that's in the distant future. SDL for Wii isn't exactly complete, and I would have to port Lua D:
CC Ricers
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by CC Ricers »

I am keeping it basic for now and making a bubble popping game like Puzzle Bobble. But after the gameplay code is done, I will make it a real good looking bubble popping game ;) With nice shader and particle effects, reflective textures, all that nice stuff...
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

CC Ricers wrote:I am keeping it basic for now and making a bubble popping game like Puzzle Bobble. But after the gameplay code is done, I will make it a real good looking bubble popping game ;) With nice shader and particle effects, reflective textures, all that nice stuff...
I've never heard of Puzzle Bobble. I was hoping it was a rip-off of Bubble Bobble, but it looks more like a rip-off of Frozen Bubble. :(
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
CC Ricers
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by CC Ricers »

dandymcgee wrote:
CC Ricers wrote:I am keeping it basic for now and making a bubble popping game like Puzzle Bobble. But after the gameplay code is done, I will make it a real good looking bubble popping game ;) With nice shader and particle effects, reflective textures, all that nice stuff...
I've never heard of Puzzle Bobble. I was hoping it was a rip-off of Bubble Bobble, but it looks more like a rip-off of Frozen Bubble. :(
XD you have it the other way around. Frozen Bubble rips off Puzzle Bobble (but faithfully so) and Puzzle Bobble's been ported to loads of platforms. Anyways, I challenged myself by making it a week-long project. I started that last Friday and tomorrow is supposedly my last day, but during my work days I didn't get much time (I've been trying to update my blog as well). But the game logic is almost done, and that's all I care about finishing for now. It's almost playable aside from one bubble-popping bug. After tomorrow I will go back and polish it up with nicer graphics, sounds and clean up the code.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

CC Ricers wrote:XD you have it the other way around. Frozen Bubble rips off Puzzle Bobble (but faithfully so) and Puzzle Bobble's been ported to loads of platforms.
That very well may be the case, but Bubble Bobble is better than both of them regardless. ;)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
101MUDman101
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Elemental Dawn (2D RPG)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++, Lua, Perl

Post by 101MUDman101 »

Project Name: The Dawn Engine
Genre: 2D Game Engine (Mostly Top Down Games)
Language: C/++, Lua
API's: SDL/OpenGL (Mabye)

My engine currently supports:
  • - Sprite Rendering
    - Text Rendering
    - Textbox System
    - Lua Class Wrapper
    - My Own Data Storage System
    - Shape Primitives (Rectangles at the moment)
    - Alpha Blending
    - Xbox 360 Controller Support
    - Sexy Template programming :lol:
I have been working on it for about 2 years just me. My channel is in my signature. To Falco: :worship:
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.

Damn Right.

Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/101MUDman101
AaronGlazer
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: things @ my job + gamedev fuckery
Programming Language of Choice: Jai <3

Post by AaronGlazer »

I'm creating on a 2D RPG engine in C++ with SDL for graphics and Lua for scripting
Working on:
  • The textbox system (the oh so terrible textbox system)
  • Collision
"To buy, or not to buy -- just buy it."
- DG, the greatest broker to ever live.
CC Ricers
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by CC Ricers »

Made a bunch of progress with my bubble popping game so I wanted to show a video. Features so far: Playable 1 player mode, easily customizable menus, level progression, a level editor, 3D graphics for billboard sprites, and a slick screen animation system.

The graphics are far from final, adding proper game art is probably one of the last things I'll do!
TheBuzzSaw
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Paroxysm

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

TheBuzzSaw wrote:
Zoom is definitely much better. Are you just making an engine or is there an actual card game you plan to create?