What projects are you currently working on?

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: What projects are you currently working on?

Post by dandymcgee »

That looks pretty neat so far, super. You should make a thread and keep us updated.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
DaringCreativity
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES, N64
Programming Language of Choice: C/++, Python, Lua

Post by DaringCreativity »

Thought I'd first say hi as this is my first post. I've been following the project for awhile now although this is my first post on the forum.

Currently I am working on a 2D game engine that has been in the works for awhile now. It has gone through several different iterations and is somewhat complete in its current form. It was originally intended for an RPG that I was working on entitled Pseudo Fields however that game has been put on hold while I develop the engine and the editor. The engine itself is entitled PseudoEngine and I have been working on the current iteration for the past month to get it to where it is right now.

Here's a brief video showing the engine in its current state. All of the artwork that is used is placeholder art that I got from the Lost Gardens website as I personally have no artistic talent.
bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Post by bbguimaraes »

KDE5 .o/

edit: nice engine, btw.
DaringCreativity
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES, N64
Programming Language of Choice: C/++, Python, Lua

Post by DaringCreativity »

Thanks! I have not had time to work on the engine recently between work and summer classes, however I have made the project's source code available online for anyone who is interested. I plan on getting back to work on the project hopefully after this week. I had started a rework of the animation system as well as beginning work on a scripting subsystem using LuaBind to help interface with Lua. Anyway here's a link to the source code:

https://github.com/dacampbell/PseudoEngine
rockfarmor
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by rockfarmor »

I'm currently working on a 2D sandbox game. At the moment it's more or less a 2D Minecraft clone, but I plan to give it some more identity later on. Here's a devlog video for the game.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

rockfarmor wrote:I'm currently working on a 2D sandbox game. At the moment it's more or less a 2D Minecraft clone, but I plan to give it some more identity later on. Here's a devlog video for the game.
Hah, nice work man! Feel free to make a dedicated topic to post updates in.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: