Drupal A Rainy Day of Web Development

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

dejai
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Drupal A Rainy Day of Web Development

Post by dejai »

Sorry for the double post of this topic but I now realize it should not be in general discussion. I have been developing with Drupal for a while now and I am really enjoying it. Especially from a programmers perspective as its highly modal and modifiable. The simplicity of just adding a theme to a page and it being seperate from the content just makes my life so much easier. Thats not to say your can't develop your own themes, its really simple to do and CSS generators and dream weaver plug ins are available if you want to design your own site. If I had to criticize it not being back to back compatible with previous versions is really annoying leaving masses of themes useless for the current version. It can be overcome if you manually convert the files, via some hackery/ modding. A nice feature of Drupal is it allows you to make your own content types. You could make a content type called Announcement which would get posted in a certain section of your site and another called blog which posts to a blog page. Adding to this it has built in abilities for RSS feeds.

Anyway this is what I came up with: www.dejaigames.com