2D Isometric RPG with custom game engine

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

nerdly
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

2D Isometric RPG with custom game engine

Post by nerdly »

Hey guys!

Long time follower, first time poster. I've been working on my own custom game engine (C++ with Lua for scripting) for several years now, originally inspired by "Adventures in Game Development".

The engine has come a long way (after a rewrite or two...) and somewhere over a year ago a friend and I started focusing our efforts on a game in the vein of Chrono Cross and Grandia II..

Environment trailer:

Website (WIP):
http://poppledungeon.com

Let me know what you guys think! I'd love to answer any questions (especially technical ;)). We've yet to really start marketing, so any feedback on what you see is highly appreciated.

Lastly, I'd like to thank Falco for divining within me the inspiration to go forward with this project. I don't think I'd be a software developer today, let alone had written my own engine, without that series you threw together so many years ago! Much love man <3
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: 2D Isometric RPG with custom game engine

Post by eatcomics »

Wow that looks really good. Are you two doing art or do you have someone else doing it? I'm going to have to check this out in more detail tonight.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: 2D Isometric RPG with custom game engine

Post by dandymcgee »

Wow, this looks great! Thanks for sharing, keep us posted!
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: