PS3,Xbox360,and,game pyramid

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

I just found out that the Killzone video (along with others) wasn't running on PS3 hardware, but was a prerendered "target" video of what they believe the PS3 can accomplish once they get use to the system.

This doesn't change anything.

Has anyone seen the Devil May Cry 4 screenshots? The new Fight Night? Those games look amazing. And so what if they created controlled demos that didn't have to worry about A.I. and all that. Of course they don't have that worked out, these games still have a way to go. Developers haven't even begun to figure out the capabilities of Sony's SPE's, and I believe these demos are just the tip of the iceberg.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

FredDibnah wrote:I just found out that the Killzone video (along with others) wasn't running on PS3 hardware, but was a prerendered "target" video of what they believe the PS3 can accomplish once they get use to the system.

This doesn't change anything.

Has anyone seen the Devil May Cry 4 screenshots? The new Fight Night? Those games look amazing. And so what if they created controlled demos that didn't have to worry about A.I. and all that. Of course they don't have that worked out, these games still have a way to go. Developers haven't even begun to figure out the capabilities of Sony's SPE's, and I believe these demos are just the tip of the iceberg.
Well...see it's tricky. The Killzone demo was done on the dev machine that sony had made, but thing thing's less than half the power of a PS3 (on paper). It ran about 5fps, so they sped it up to about 60. Really, this isn't so impossible when you look at it. Basically, the PS3 WILL be able to do it, when it's ready.

But you are right--this is all just the tip of the iceberg. Remember how amazing everyone thought games like The Bouncer, MGS2, and whatnot looked? Well that's how this is. It'll eventually get to where we have God of Wars, GT4s, and MGS3's.
There is no signature.
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I don't think Sony would purposefully show something they didn't think they could do. Where would our respect for them be then?
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

FredDibnah wrote:Yeah, I totally agree with you. I don't think Sony would purposefully show something they didn't think they could do. Where would our respect for them be then?
Well, there is the Emotion Engine... Either way, hopefully this time it's not a sham. I would orgasm instantly if I was playing Killzone at home.
There is no signature.