PS3,Xbox360,and,game pyramid

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

PS3,Xbox360,and,game pyramid

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I am pretty sure that all of you have heard about the three new systems that are coming out and that they are PS3,Xbox360,and,game pyramid.I have heard mostly about Xbox360 that the graphics are so good that they look as good as the movie graphics. Xbox360 can play DVDs without screwing up or freezing unlike PS2.I am not sure if this is true or not but I heard you can store music on it like a MP3 player.I have heard that it can do more but I don't know what elsa it can do.If you want to buy it you have to wait around Christmas.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

1) Change your sig. It makes me scroll. Scrolling is super effing lame.

2) www.ign.com www.gamespot.com www.google.com Educate yourself.

3) Game Pyramid? WTF?
There is no signature.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

:nono:

I know, Jesus, at my resolution, I should NEVER have to see a damn horizontal scroll-bar...
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I'm sorry and yes there is going to be a Game Pyramid believe it or not.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Marx Chaotix wrote:I'm sorry and yes there is going to be a Game Pyramid believe it or not.
:nono:
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

What the Hell is a Game Pyramid?
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

My PS2 never skips when playing dvds... :?

And I've heard that when some of the developers for Microsoft saw the capability of the PS3, they quit their projects there and started working for Sony. It sounds iffy, but it came from EGM, a very trustworthy magazine that caters to all consoles.

As for the Xbox 360 having graphics similar to movie CG, the PS3 has already shown it can handle this as well. They ran the same model of Spiderman as from the movies on the PS3's hardware. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Microsoft has done anything like this yet.

And yeah, there's going to be a "Game Pyramid," just like they had a Pokemon: Potting Soil, eh? :wink: After all of the harassement Nintendo got for calling their console a Gamecube, I doubt they'd name their next one after a geometric shape as well. No offense, but whichever of your friends that told you that is lying.

Oh, and there's a little console called the "Nintendo Revolution." This is just a wild guess, but I believe that's the next Nintendo console.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

There are two scenarios here that would prove the "Revolution" more than another gay Nintendo creation.

1) If the Nintendo Revolution really does have a homebrew dev kit with it, Nintendo will have the whole homebrew video game scene as their personal slaves.

2) If not, they're probably doomed, but the console will still kick ass due to the gigantic library of classic Nintendo games.

Either scenario I see myself getting a Nintendo Revolution in time. The only difference is whether I get it before or after I get the PS3.

I think Microsoft is going to be screwed up the ass though. Their only defense was Halo and far superior hardware. Now what grounds do they stand on?

Sony will be fighting with pure, raw power.
Nintendo is fighting with a gigantic, juicy arsenal of classic games (and perhaps will have an army of eager would-be-gaming developers on their side).
Microsoft is fighting with... ummm... yes--Halo. And... Halo. Did I mention Halo? Oh, and don't forget Halo...
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Hahaha. You are running out of power Bill Gates. Halo can't defend you much longer. And when your defense falls, I'll be waiting. :deal: :flamedevil: :twisted:
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

It's kinda nice having supporters of the Xbox 360 (Wutai), PS3 (Fred, DJ Yoshi, maybe me), and the Revolution (JSL, Spidey, maybe me) on the same forum...
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

spideyspiderman2000 wrote:Hahaha. You are running out of power Bill Gates. Halo can't defend you much longer. And when your defense falls, I'll be waiting. :deal: :flamedevil: :twisted:
:guffaw:
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Well I'd get a revolution for nothing other than their looks. So sexy sleek. But really, with their price point, Nintendo could sweep the market without the other two realizing what happened. We'll see though.
There is no signature.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I don't think all revolution looks good like PS2 I think it looks pretty ugly if I do say so myself.
xB_forlife
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

xbox360

Post by xB_forlife »

yup marcus, you are right they can play mp3'd and can do abunch of stuff like yurn on the xbox frum your controller. not to mention all controllers are wireless 8-) .
i love to skate & hang around with my frends.
http://bigskates.com/catalog/image/prod ... erican.gif
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Marx Chaotix wrote:I don't think all revolution looks good like PS2 I think it looks pretty ugly if I do say so myself.
It's a box, with an opening for GC games and an opening for Revolution games. FFS, how can you say it looks ugly? It's sleek, sexy and pretty damn nice.

The PS2 had a silly frontend look, and what was with making the top bigger than the bottom?

I still think the Revolution looks the best out of the three new consoles.
There is no signature.