USB GDROM

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

wtetzner
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: waterbear, GBA game + editor
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Game Boy Advance
Programming Language of Choice: OCaml

USB GDROM

Post by wtetzner »

Have you guys seen this yet? http://3do-renovation.ru/USB-GDROM_Controller.htm

It's a little pricey, but looks pretty awesome.
The novice realizes that the difference between code and data is trivial. The expert realizes that all code is data. And the true master realizes that all data is code.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: USB GDROM

Post by Falco Girgis »

Nope, but that looks amazing. :shock:

I'm very much of the opinion that all of these "GDRom" replacement projects are in the best interest of the future of the Dreamcast, because there is a preset amount of hardware out there in the world in circulation, and the most shitty, error-prone portion of the Dreamcast is the GD-Rom drive, and obviously GD roms don't even exist anymore, so we would basically be fucked without a replacement...
wtetzner
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: waterbear, GBA game + editor
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Game Boy Advance
Programming Language of Choice: OCaml

Re: USB GDROM

Post by wtetzner »

Yeah, that's actually how I found it. The GD-ROM on my Dreamcast failed, and I was looking for a way to fix it. I'll probably get one of these at some point, but in the meantime I just got another Dreamcast for $50.
The novice realizes that the difference between code and data is trivial. The expert realizes that all code is data. And the true master realizes that all data is code.