ELYSIAN SHADOWS IS FUNDED!!!

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

ELYSIAN SHADOWS IS FUNDED!!!

Post by dandymcgee »

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL :mrgreen: :worship: :bow: :cheers: :dreamcast:
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64
Programming Language of Choice: C++, PHP

Re: ELYSIAN SHADOWS IS FUNDED!!!

Post by superLED »

GRATZ!

You all should go to Youtube to join the live stream!
Light-Dark
Dreamcast Developer
Dreamcast Developer
Current Project: 2D RPG & NES Platformer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES,SNES,N64,Genesis,Dreamcast,PC,Xbox360
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Light-Dark »

Congratulations guys! You've been a huge inspiration to me and it's amazing to see your dream funded!
<tpw_rules> LightDark: java is a consequence of inverse moore's law: every 18 months, the average program will be twice as slow. therefore, computers always run at the same percevied speed. java's invention was a monumental step
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Light-Dark wrote:Congratulations guys! You've been a huge inspiration to me and it's amazing to see your dream funded!
This so many times. There was a slump there that I got worried it wouldn't happen, but I should have known better :mrgreen: You guys killed it!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

I've made this same post on like 5 different forums today, so I'm going to be lazy... Here's what I said over at DCEmulation.org, haha!
Me wrote:WHOOOOOOOO!!!!! WE DUN GOOD, GUYS!!!!
Ayla wrote:I was getting worried some days ago as it was going really slow. But it looks like it's going to make it very soon :)
Honestly, so were we. It started slowing down hardcore, and I literally couldn't sleep at night, because I was living through the agony of a failed Kickstarter...

This has seriously been a dream of ours years in the making. Not sure who all new, but two of us quit our jobs, withdrew our 401k, and literally put our entire financial stability on the line just for this project. There was no plan B. Foolish? Sure. But we are passionate, and it totally paid off for us.

Really, I want to personally thank all of you. Somehow of $150k, the vast majority of the purchases still came from the Sega freaking Dreamcast, in 2014... Our project is well-known in the YouTube gaming community, which is predominantly PC, so I never in a million years would have anticipated such a gigantic push from this scene... Maybe the forums aren't as active as they used to be, but the Dreamcast is absolutely still thinking, and I seriously feel like this scene is starting to pick up quite a bit of momentum with the latest round of projects. We're introducing gamers and press to the Dreamcast scene for the very first time, and it's something exciting to be a part of.

We really hope that us releasing ESTk to the community will also encourage other developers to take a look at the Dreamcast as a development platform.

Anyway, thank you all so much. It's still totally surreal to us right now. We have a bajillion Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Steam, and KS comments we're trying to respond to, and hopefully we will wind up getting some big press coverage when gaming journalists return to work on Monday... We can no longer respond to everyone's messages and posts individually, because there are just too many of you... But I will always try to remain here on these boards, because this is literally where my entire career and Elysian Shadows began. All because BlackAura took the time to answer the questions of an aspiring 14 year-old game developer a decade ago... STAY GOLDEN, DCEMULATION! :D

edit: Also, we totally made it on the local news for our Kickstarter. The news anchor almost shit himself when he heard we were targeting the Dreamcast. LOL!
http://whnt.com/2014/08/20/two-madison- ... eir-dream/