Abortion

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

JS Lemming wrote:What you seem to be ignoring, Catalyst, is that not every abortion is about taking out a few cells. I've seen the pictures. Half developed humans, mangled by a metal cloths hanger.

What would you have preferred? Would you want to have been aborted? Even if you choose the latter, at least you had a choice.
You're talking about illegal, immoral, and non-clinical procedures. Try again, because you lose, sir.
There is no signature.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

I have to post something...

Okay then, I'll admit I'm a puss.

I refuse to choose sides. Want to know why? Abortion seems like a bad thing. Just the thought of killing what would be a child. But that's not the point, and that's really not what it is.

There are just so many good points that the pro-abortion people have brought up and it seems to me that the only defense is "MURDER!!!!111one."

I don't think I'm capable of deciding whether it is murder or not. It doesn't really sound like it to me, but then again, it damn well might be.

For these reasons, I thank god that I'm not a female and I will never be faced with a situation involving such controversial decisions.

There, we have the pro aborters, the anti aborters, and the pussies.
Catalyst
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Relative.

Post by Catalyst »

GyroVorbis wrote:I don't think I'm capable of deciding whether it is murder or not. It doesn't really sound like it to me, but then again, it damn well might be.
It is what you make it. Since 'murder' is relative, it depends on your opinion. Killing is involved; that is a fact. Not everyone would consider it murder in this case, however.
No.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Dj Yoshi wrote:
JS Lemming wrote:What you seem to be ignoring, Catalyst, is that not every abortion is about taking out a few cells. I've seen the pictures. Half developed humans, mangled by a metal cloths hanger.

What would you have preferred? Would you want to have been aborted? Even if you choose the latter, at least you had a choice.
You're talking about illegal, immoral, and non-clinical procedures. Try again, because you lose, sir.
No "sir", you lose. Abortion = Abortion no matter how illegal. You think just because it's illegal means people don't do it? If so, then you've got a lot to learn it life.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!

Post by Guest »

If I were the mother, I'd be insulted if the choice were given to a parasite in my womb rather than me, the person who would have to go through hell in order to deliver it.
Maybe the mother should have thought about that before she spread her legs. Abortion almost promotes unsafe sex; people can always say, "Oh, if I get pregnant, I can always abort it.

JS Lemming, I am positive that it's illegal to about a baby after it's a Zygote. In other words, it must be aborted before it takes shape. The pictures you saw must have been in another country with some sickening fuckbags, or it was a fake. :spin:

My views on abortion are not yet clear to myself, so don't even ask them. I am just contributing to the conversation.

Oh, and BTW, did you know that 2/3 of pregnancies end in a miscarriage? Not only that, but they happen far after the baby is a Zygote, so if an abortion can be felt, then that definitely can. Half the time the parents must go to the hospital to have large chunks of the baby removed.

If Abortion is so evil, why do you think this happens? Having a baby aborted can prevent such things. If the baby was aborted, it would make the baby feel much less pain; supposing it could feel pain at all during an abortion.

Oh, and BTW Js lemming, are you sure that the images you saw were of an abortion? The metal 'hangers' sound almost exactly like what they use to rid the mother of the baby's body after a miscarriage if it is too big to come out in the spew of blood that follows after the sad death of the baby.

Is that sick? Maybe. Do you think god would give babies a soul yet if he know that 2/3 would just die? Maybe. Only god knows. The main question to abortion is when the cells actually gain a soul and become human. Again, do you think that god would give babies souls at that early of a stage if he knew that so many would die of natural causes? Maybe, I have no clue.

Again, I am not yet for or against abortion. I just like to argue.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

JS Lemming wrote:
Dj Yoshi wrote:

No "sir", you lose. Abortion = Abortion no matter how illegal. You think just because it's illegal means people don't do it? If so, then you've got a lot to learn it life.
Funny...last I checked this topic was made to discuss making Abortion illegal in the USA. So, the fact that what you are talking about is illegal (if it was actually an abortion) is totally relevant.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

JS Lemming wrote:
Dj Yoshi wrote:

Okay, since you don't answer to sir, how about we call you dumbass instead? So dumbass, Abortion=Abortion eh? So if we kill it right as its being born, that's no different from killing it 2 weeks into pregnancy? Except for the fact that it's painful for both the mother and the baby, and can threaten the mother's life, it's illegal to do so after the second trimester (I think they even pushed it back to first), etc. You have no idea what you're talking about and are just spouting "OMG ABORTINON IS EVOL" mentality bullshit. Try again, dumbass.

Also, of course people do it. But you yourself said, just because it's illegal you think people won't do it? I think it's you, sir, that has a lot to learn at life.
There is no signature.

Post by Guest »

This debate is getting out of hand. -.-

Maybe I'll think twice about creating a topic that questions half of the forum member's religions, personal beliefs, and morals. I expected arguing, not flammage. :?