Abortion

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Dj Yoshi wrote:Worth about as little as an argument with no logic.

Which is why my opinion > your logic.
That didn't even make sense. :roll:
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
xB_forlife
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

u fag

Post by xB_forlife »

u little jerk. abortion is murder!
If u didnt want a child, give it to an orphanidge. plus i dont think 11 yearolds can get prgnate u idiot!
& think, if u had an abortion, u would not be able to live withyour self on the count of U KILLED AN INNOCENT BABY!

you democrats discust me
i love to skate & hang around with my frends.
http://bigskates.com/catalog/image/prod ... erican.gif
Catalyst
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

u fag, indeed

Post by Catalyst »

xB_forlife wrote:u little jerk. abortion is murder!
If u didnt want a child, give it to an orphanidge. plus i dont think 11 yearolds can get prgnate u idiot!
& think, if u had an abortion, u would not be able to live withyour self on the count of U KILLED AN INNOCENT BABY!

you democrats discust me
So abortion is murder... even though when the process is carried out, the 'innocent baby' is nothing more than a small collection of cells? I'm sure you've killed insects before. According to your logic, then, size is an important variable in the value of something's life. Is it 'murder' to kill a dog? You'd probably be upset if someone killed one of your pets. But what about an insect? You realize that the 'baby' killed in an abortion is even tinier than that? Just because it's human doesn't give its life any more value. I would consider killing anything that valued its life 'murder' since it obviously doesn't want to die and death is being forced upon it. The collection of cells that is aborted doesn't even think for itself yet and feeds off of the mother's nutrients. While technically human, it is at best a parasite, and if the mother doesn't want it in her body I see no reason why she should have to keep it in there. To say that she can simply give it to an orphanage is ridiculous. Childbirth can be a dangerous, sometimes fatal, process, and a woman shouldn't have to risk her own life just because a bunch of fundamentalist morons are screaming at her. Besides, do you have any idea what kind of life orphans often lead? You do realize that orphans aren't typically the happiest children? Are you saying that the child should be born into a potentially miserable life simply because it's human? Do you have the same mindset about spaying and neutering your pets? You contradict yourself and basic principles of justice on so many levels that I can't begin to address all of them. Blind, closed-minded, clueless hypocrites like you 'discust' me too. And good job on your stereotyped grouping of all of the people who stand for abortion into the democrat party - every single one of them is obviously an insidious, moustache-twirling villain. I fear the day you become president and force your twisted philosophy of superior human life upon all of us. Hitler.
No.

Post by Guest »

Okay, to begin, when did you guys pull this topic from? It's so old, I doubt the Science/Technology Discussion forum was made when this topic was. o.o

Next, I am going to ask kindly of all you, xb_forlife, to specify who you are talking to in your posts.. 'You' is an undefined pronoun. I, and hopefully everyone else on this forum, lack the skill to read minds. We have no clue what you mean when you say "You are evil. You are stupid."

Finally, xB_forlife, I'm going to ask you to have your information correct before posting. When you are old enough to understand the human autonomy, you will find that babies do indeed come from somewhere other than a stork. It is possible, but unlikely, for a ten year old to produce eggs. Everybody has a different growth rate; and judging by the immaturity in your posts, you're a bit slower than some people. If you didn't reach puberty before 11 years, it doesn't mean that all people don't.

xb_forlife, I would like to -blam!- a bit in reply to your post, but that has already been done by Catalyst. I agree with him in many-a-way.
xB_forlife
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

u fag

Post by xB_forlife »

u are so rong. It is not like squashing a bug. Babys have a heart.& more importantly They have a soul that may one day turn into a oure christian soul. What if Albert einsteighn was aborted? If u see wat i mean, that baby might one day turn into sumone as important or maybe even more important than albert einsteighn!
Catalyst
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Genius.

Post by Catalyst »

xB_forlife wrote:u are so rong. It is not like squashing a bug. Babys have a heart.& more importantly They have a soul that may one day turn into a oure christian soul.
So it's ok to kill something that doesn't have a "soul"? Just because animals got screwed over by God doesn't give us any more right to kill them than it does cells in a mother's womb - oh, I'm sorry, I meant "babies". Besides, according to Christian beliefs, if the collection of cells was killed before it had a chance to become a Christian human being, it would have died completely innocent and therefore absolutely must go to Heaven. But more importantly, not everyone is a Christian. There are people out there with enough common sense to see all the horrible contradictions and evil deeds in the Bible justified by the "will of God". Just because you choose to be a mindless follower (and I don't think that all Christians are pawns of the church, but a great many are) doesn't mean that everyone else is going to think it's a sin to kill a small collection of cells before it becomes a parasite and ultimately another worthless human being on this miserable planet of ours.
xB_forlife wrote:What if Albert einsteighn was aborted? If u see wat i mean, that baby might one day turn into sumone as important or maybe even more important than albert einsteighn!
What if Adolf Hitler had been aborted? What if Saddam Hussein had been aborted? What if Osama Bin Laden had been aborted? What if Lindsay Lohan had been aborted?

One possible result of abortion is the death of a collection of cells that may have one day become a human who would do great things (example: Mother Theresa). Then again, another possible result is the death of a collection of cells that may have one day become a human who would do terrible things (example: Charles Manson). The latter is more probable when you consider the ratio of geniuses and saints that have lived and/or are alive to thieves, murderers, rapists, pedophiles, pro-wrestlers, etc.

If you're going to argue sensibly about something, religion should not be a part of your reasoning, because:
1) not everyone shares your religion and nobody can prove anything when it comes to the supernatural/spiritual.
2) people tend to be irrationally supportive of and blinded by their religions, so arguments can easily become corrupted by them when the dissentients no longer rely on what they know for sure for their arguments.

Stand back and look at situations from a different point of view with an open mind. In the end, is killing something that isn't even completely human yet any worse than killing an animal? Cows are bred to be killed. What a miserably hopeless existence! Is it really fair to do that to them? No one complains about that, but people always go ballistic whenever someone considers having an abortion, despite the fact that the cells haven't developed enough yet to even feel pain.

And you only addressed one point in my argument. Why should a mother put herself through the pain and risk of childbirth when she doesn't even want to keep the child? If she died, that would be another "possible pure Christian soul" who could have stayed alive and done great things (and/or influenced others to do great things). In the end, it doesn't really make much of a difference, so there's really no harm in letting the mother do what she wants.
JS Lemming wrote:
Dj Yoshi wrote:
JS Lemming wrote:
Dj Yoshi wrote:I don't really care either way. Mother's choice, not mine really. And don't try to change my opinion, because you'll be wasting your time.
You're absolutely right Dj Yoshi, it is completely up to the Mother........ wether or not to murder a human being.
And there's differing opinions on when exactly a baby becomes a human being. So yeah, like I said in the first place, don't try to change my OPINION.
So.... you are ok with having flawed logic? What's an opinion worth if there isn't even a tid-bit of reasoning to it.
How the hell was what he said 'flawed logic'? Just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that he hasn't throught things through, and he DID present his reasoning to you. You were simply stuck too deeply in your blind viewpoint of the issue to accept it. You are not a god, and you can't assume that everything you disagree with is incorrect. Your saying that his logic was flawed was, in fact, the only 'flawed logic' in that brief argument.
Last edited by Catalyst on Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No.
xB_forlife
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

read

Post by xB_forlife »

u have got to be crazy to think im gonna read all that crap.

Post by Guest »

DUMBASS! wrote:u have got to be crazy to think im gonna read all that crap.
Hmmm...You'd have to be a pretty ignorant, self center, stuck up, immature little PRICK to not read it... :roll:
xB_forlife
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by xB_forlife »

dude, i meant that as in... I stand my grounds & nuthing is goind to change my mind about abortion.
Catalyst
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Ok.

Post by Catalyst »

xB_forlife wrote:dude, i meant that as in... I stand my grounds & nuthing is goind to change my mind about abortion.
Devotion to a good cause is one thing, my friend; being stubborn and ignoring logic and common sense is another.

And for the record, my post wasn't very long at all. If you'd bothered to read it you would've realized that. But I guess you're above hearing out your opponents in an argument, just like you're above animals simply because you were born a human.
No.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Re: Ok.

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Catalyst wrote:
xB_forlife wrote:dude, i meant that as in... I stand my grounds & nuthing is goind to change my mind about abortion.
Devotion to a good cause is one thing, my friend; being stubborn and ignoring logic and common sense is another.

And for the record, my post wasn't very long at all. If you'd bothered to read it you would've realized that. But I guess you're above hearing out your opponents in an argument, just like you're above animals simply because you were born a human.
Let me just get this clear--do you want mansex now, or later? ;)
There is no signature.
Catalyst
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

...?

Post by Catalyst »

I don't think I understand what you're getting at.
No.

Re: Ok.

Post by Guest »

Dj Yoshi wrote:
Catalyst wrote:

Let me just get this clear--do you want mansex now, or later? ;)
:guffaw:
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

What you seem to be ignoring, Catalyst, is that not every abortion is about taking out a few cells. I've seen the pictures. Half developed humans, mangled by a metal cloths hanger.

What would you have preferred? Would you want to have been aborted? Even if you choose the latter, at least you had a choice.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Catalyst
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Choice.

Post by Catalyst »

JS Lemming wrote:What you seem to be ignoring, Catalyst, is that not every abortion is about taking out a few cells. I've seen the pictures. Half developed humans, mangled by a metal cloths hanger.
Well, from what I've read, the practice of aborting babies that gotten that far into development was made illegal. I may be incorrect on that, but even if I am, I still don't think there's anything wrong with it. Even if the baby can feel pain, it is only an instant, and then it is saved from having to experience life, which opens a doorway for much greater pains, both physically and mentally. The mother is also saved from a painful and potentially dangerous process.
What would you have preferred? Would you want to have been aborted? Even if you choose the latter, at least you had a choice.
I would prefer having never being conceived at all, but between living or being aborted, I do think I'd take the latter. But I don't think having a choice matters all that much to someone who has yet to be born. :P If I were the mother, I'd be insulted if the choice were given to a parasite in my womb rather than me, the person who would have to go through hell in order to deliver it.
No.