E3 2011

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

E3 2011

Post by Arce »

DISCUSS.

What do I need to see?

Wii U looks impressive. I will withhold judgment, however, until I hear more about the specs....
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
Fanatic
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, PC, SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: E3 2011

Post by Fanatic »

Halo 4 & Minecraft on the Xbox 360! Should be a good year for gaming!

JaxDragon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Kanoba Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3, PC

Post by JaxDragon »

Bah I didn't really see anything of interest this year. Microsoft's press conference was terrible. Everyone knew there would be a new halo and gears of war. And call of duty map packs. Woo >.> The rest was just kinect games. Sonys was ok. Nothing really caught my eye though. The fact that AT&T will be the sole 3G provider is balls, AT&T is crap where I live, and everywhere else for that matter. Nintendos wasnt spectacular. To me the Wii U is just an upgrade to the wii. With a screen.
Fanatic
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Fanatic »

I thought that Microsofts confrence was the best, I know everyone knew about the up-coming releases, that doesnt take away the fact that they ' officialy ' Announced them, Also the video reveals were pretty epic.

THe Floating Brain
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: RTS possible Third Person shooter engine.
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, Wii, Xbox 360, GAME CUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Python 3, C#

Post by THe Floating Brain »

Fanatic wrote:I thought that Microsofts confrence was the best, I know everyone knew about the up-coming releases, that doesnt take away the fact that they ' officialy ' Announced them, Also the video reveals were pretty epic.
Didio and I thought two of the best games they showed were the RYSE game and their Mincraft port.
"Why did we say we were going to say we were going to change the world tomorrow yesterday? Maybe you can." - Myself

ImageImage
Arce

Post by Arce »

I'm mostly watching Capcom.

RESIDENT EVIL:
Sounds like there's 3 new titles to watch for.

* On 360/PS3/Wii is "Operation Raccoon City." Described as "revisiting" events from Resi 2, it looks like mostly a co-op multiplayer shoot 'em up where you can play some of the oldschool badasses.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/han ... coon-city/

^ There's a movie at the end of that link.

* On 3DS: Two titles, both I believe to be using capcom's new "MT Framework" (and the same engine as MML3).

One is "Mercenaries," which is simply a multiplayer game featuring remastered levels and gameplay from Resident Evil 4 and 5.

The other is "Revelations," which is the game actually featuring new storyline and character development. It's supposed to take place between 4 and 5. Internet digging revealed this:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Built from the ground up for the Nintendo 3DS™, Resident Evil Revelations sees a return to survival horror, revealing a brand new storyline for the series. Taking place between the events of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil™5, the action centres on BSAA member Jill Valentine and introduces her new partner Parker Luciani. Set principally on board a supposedly abandoned cruise ship, players will be able to take control of Jill on her search for Chris Redfield, whose last known GPS data positions him as being on the ship. Danger lurks around every corner and with nowhere to run or hide in the confined space of the ship, players must face a menacing new enemy that emerges from the darkness. E3 attendees will experience the horror that Resident Evil Revelations adds to the series through a playable demo at the show. In addition, an exclusive gameplay video being shown in the Capcom theatre features characters venturing underwater, for the first time ever in the series, in order to escape from the terrifying creatures that roam the ship. But will the water provide such sanctuary?

And screenshots:
http://images1.cosmicbooknews.com/amay11/rere3/

Anybody who hears more lemme know. I've heard alot about the live demo they're supposed to have at e3. Anyone who finds a link will be repaid in orgasm points, redeemable by anyone willing. ;p
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
Milch
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Milch »

The only thing that actually interested me was the Wii U thing - and it seems like crap.
Nintendo still hasn't stated if it is possible to have more than one of these touchscreenthingys connected at once. Makes me sad :(
Follow me on twitter!
MrDeathNote
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: cocos2d-x project
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES, Sega Megadrive, XBox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by MrDeathNote »

Milch wrote: Nintendo still hasn't stated if it is possible to have more than one of these touchscreenthingys connected at once. Makes me sad :(
Ditto that, i'm impressed by the ps vita (apart from the name). I mean we all knew about it already but it's still nice to see it at E3 and I'll definitely be buying one.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeathNote1988

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg." - Bjarne Stroustrup
ajtgarber
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by ajtgarber »

What do you guys think about Nintendo using PS3/360 footage for some of the games?
http://venturebeat.com/2011/06/08/ninte ... 360-clips/
Fanatic
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Fanatic »

Has anyone else heard that kinect will soon allow you to scan objects into it? Im not sure how that would work, or be of any use...

LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3

Post by LeonBlade »

Fanatic wrote:I thought that Microsofts confrence was the best, I know everyone knew about the up-coming releases, that doesnt take away the fact that they ' officialy ' Announced them, Also the video reveals were pretty epic.

Yeah bro, Microsoft was the best. These games are GOTY quality titles.
Waggle, gimmicks and casuals.

Sony A
Nintendo A
Microshit -F-/0

The NGP looks amazing, best handheld of all time. Quad-core processor with almost PS3 quality graphics, this thing is powerful as shit.
The Wii U actually looks pretty good, the graphics and processing will be around/on par with the 360 with better disk support (not bluray but lots of memory), 1080p support confirmed etc etc. tl;dr it looks to be awesome.

Microsoft only showed fucking Kinect, which is a pile of garbitch. The new Fable is on fucking rails, all the Kinect titles are just gimmick bull shit. Gears 3 looks to be like another gears, that could be good or bad, I'm not going to judge it. And fucking HALO AGAIN? How many fucking times can you milk that shit. Bungie isn't even making it, so we'll see how that turns out. But even if, Halo and Gears again is all Microsoft had.

In short, Microsoft bombed E3, they failed big time. I mean, who fucking announces DISNEY AND SESAME STREET IN YOUR E3 PRESS CONFERENCE?!
Last edited by LeonBlade on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There's no place like ~/
Fanatic
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Fanatic »

Lol, you just had to go and post those! :D When i say ' the Best ' i refer to the ' Good games ' that were released :mrgreen:

LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3

Post by LeonBlade »

Fanatic wrote:Lol, you just had to go and post those! :D When i say ' the Best ' i refer to the ' Good games ' that were released :mrgreen:
What "good games", the only promising ones I saw that are exclusive titles are Halo 4 and Gears 3.
There's no place like ~/
Fanatic
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Fanatic »

The minecraft release, The new Kinect features ie: scanning real life objects into a game, Overall ' I ' think that the Microsoft conference was better... I guess your a Sony fan?

JaxDragon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Kanoba Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3, PC

Post by JaxDragon »

I never really bought into the idea of the kinect anyway. It was nothing that redefined gaming as we knew it. It was a peripheral. Same with the PS move. And the wii for that matter. I think Sony and MS only did motion control because the Wii was dominating in marketshare.

And sadly I dont think the 360 minecraft will have any of the mods, texture packs, dedicated servers etc like the pc version. Its not even being developed by Mojang. I'm curious to see how much they charge for it. Personally I think it's really more of a PC game. Im not sure if the PS vita version of minecraft is being developed by Mojang either.