E3 2011

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Aleios
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: Aleios Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, Dreamcast
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: E3 2011

Post by Aleios »

janequorzar wrote:I would have to agree on Leon on these points about Kinect. We bought and used it for ONE day for ONE game for the 360. After the first day, Its been collecting dust. Not much in good games for it.
Same here, except i do use mine, just not on the 360. I messed around trying to interface with it. But yes, it seems to be a good dust collector.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Aleios wrote:
janequorzar wrote:I would have to agree on Leon on these points about Kinect. We bought and used it for ONE day for ONE game for the 360. After the first day, Its been collecting dust. Not much in good games for it.
Same here, except i do use mine, just not on the 360. I messed around trying to interface with it. But yes, it seems to be a good dust collector.
:shock: ... goddamn.

Note to self: Don't buy a Kinect.
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

Yeah, for the most part most people I know don't use their Kinects... But I do know that people bust them out at parties frequently, and I must say, it's good fun haha.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

XianForce wrote:But I do know that people bust them out at parties frequently, and I must say, it's good fun haha.
Haha yeah. The guys downstairs occasionally have a Dance Central party and invite all of the drunk college chicks. ;)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
ParticleGames
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: A map editor for a platformer I plan to develop
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Wii, Gamecube
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by ParticleGames »

I am super excited for the new Mario Kart and the new Luigi's Mansion, these are pretty much my all time favorite games :)
Check out my iPhone app here: http://twilighthop.com