God's Wife Edited Out Of The Bible?

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: God's Wife Edited Out Of The Bible?

Post by dandymcgee »

:lol:
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

I wonder what the motivation of this post is... I mean considering this forum has NOTHING to do with religion of any kind. Just peculiar.

99 percent of your posts are spawned from TYT videos.. Im sure you can find a sociopolitical forum where people would love to hear about theses things, im just not sure this is that place.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

avansc wrote:I wonder what the motivation of this post is... I mean considering this forum has NOTHING to do with religion of any kind. Just peculiar.

99 percent of your posts are spawned from TYT videos.. Im sure you can find a sociopolitical forum where people would love to hear about theses things, im just not sure this is that place.
The motivation was boredom and, I simply post here seeing as to how it's a "Current Events and Science/Technology" discussion board. If you go back to earlier posts on this forum you will see SEVERAL posts similar to this one that I have not posted on here before. Granted, the majority of the people here are programmers, game developers, etc. however, these forums were designed for anybody to talk about anything they wanted (though the majority of it has become popularized with game development etc.) So until this disappears I will continue to post whatever I feel like posting in the appropriate forum unless otherwise told so by administrators.

Besides, if you don't like reading my posts then, "DON'T READ THEM!" nobody's holding a gun to your head making you read them.

And before you were even a member to this community this place was originally just a gamers/fanboys galore community with little to no relevance whatsoever to programming.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

I really dont see how 2000+ year old garbage has anything to do with current events or science/technology, in all honesty, spam bots about golf have more relevant posts.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I found it cool... Although TYT do kinda irritate me at times. But stuff like this I find interesting, and can use in my religious debates ;)
Web
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: somewhat tinkering on my own game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Snes, Sega saturn, Nes, Sega cd, Sega dreamcast
Programming Language of Choice: C++, Sdl

Post by Web »

Very interesting... kinda like adams first wife 'Lilith' before Eve
Pinky are you pondering what im pondering?
I think so Brain but where is the ‘any’ key?”
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Web wrote:Very interesting... kinda like adams first wife 'Lilith' before Eve
:O more arguing ;)

Edit: dunno how I'll use it in an argument, but at least Lilith's picture on wikipedia is pretty good lookin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lilit ... nting).jpg
Web
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: somewhat tinkering on my own game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Snes, Sega saturn, Nes, Sega cd, Sega dreamcast
Programming Language of Choice: C++, Sdl

Post by Web »

I use her in religious debates all the time... drives the other party nuts when then cant argue back. What i know about her: She was Adams first wife, she wouldnt submit to him, she left and 3 angels tried to bring her back, she traveled the world basically getting it on with demons... she's the first femenist, the first succubus, claimed by some to be the first vampire, she's referenced as being an owl in some texts

the lilith-fare was named after her. Reread the first two chapters in the bible and tell me it doesnt tell two versions of the same story... the first one they were created together, the second one eve is created from adams rib.
Pinky are you pondering what im pondering?
I think so Brain but where is the ‘any’ key?”
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

Im no expert on the matter, but i thought lilith was jewish and mesopotamian mythology.

And lets assume that she was Adams first wife, does this give more or less credence to some kind of god?

On a side note, if you are interested in this kinda thing in a scientific context, there is a rather interesting documentary called, "The Quantum Activist". It's rather good. Its not really a focus on religion, but more how consciousness is manifested.
http://www.quantumactivist.com/
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

eatcomics wrote:
Web wrote:Very interesting... kinda like adams first wife 'Lilith' before Eve
:O more arguing ;)

Edit: dunno how I'll use it in an argument, but at least Lilith's picture on wikipedia is pretty good lookin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lilit ... nting).jpg
I'd tap that.

Unfortunately the virgin Mary isn't quite as hot... there's reason she stayed a virgin. ;)
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

HAHAHAA awesome Gyro.

And yeah Avan its a jewish/mesoblabla thing, that's why I figured it wouldn't hold in an argument. And I think I will watch that video now.