BSoD

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Aleios
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: Aleios Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, Dreamcast
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: BSoD

Post by Aleios »

There's a cheap way of checking the video card, i have done it 5 times in my life. Go to your friends place and say you are "upgrading" his PC ;) take the video card and say that its faulty and you will fix it at your house.
In (seriousness?), if it doesn't have an onboard VGA slot, then im afraid you will need to get a different video card, which is pain if it wasnt the problem. Or, if you have sounds, you can hear if the OS has loaded since in windows, linux or mac, there is always some start-up sound. Though it could also maybe not be video card but the slot, sounds like video card though, or just RAM.
thejahooli
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by thejahooli »

I managed to fix it today. It turns out that it wasn't the video card and I just had to reset the BIOS. Thanks to you Aleios for your help.
I'll make your software hardware.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

thejahooli wrote:I managed to fix it today. It turns out that it wasn't the video card and I just had to reset the BIOS. Thanks to you Aleios for your help.
Great to hear!
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Aleios
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: Aleios Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, Dreamcast
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Aleios »

thejahooli wrote:I managed to fix it today. It turns out that it wasn't the video card and I just had to reset the BIOS. Thanks to you Aleios for your help.
It's relieving to hear :) paying out for a new graphics card would suck.