Phoenix Jones (A real life superhero!?)

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Phoenix Jones (A real life superhero!?)

Post by Marx Chaotix »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftEpx5DhhRU

I know this looks kinda corny but, I actually think that's pretty damned badass I mean WOW lol a "REAL" super-hero! O_o
Gotta hear your guy's views or opinions on this one.
Kyosaur
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS2,PS3,NDS
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: Phoenix Jones (A real life superhero!?)

Post by Kyosaur »

The female reporter is a complete bitch, there was no need for that.

I think its awesome when anyone puts their life in danger to help someone else, that kind of selfless behavior is a rarity. Its a very dangerous thing to do, i know i would never be able to do it myself, even with the precautions this guy has taken. If you can legally carry an open handgun with you (with the correct license and training) for defense and security reasons, i dont see the problem with a taser; and i dont think carrying or using it for defensive purposes is illegal. As long as he isnt BREAKING the law to punish these "criminals" there really isnt a problem (though police seem to be very incompetent, they even arrest law biding citizens who carry legal weapons).

This guy just showed who he is and where he is though, and thats not a good idea, especially if your out there making enemies with criminals.
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Java

Post by Ginto8 »

Kyosaur wrote:The female reporter is a complete bitch, there was no need for that.

I think its awesome when anyone puts their life in danger to help someone else, that kind of selfless behavior is a rarity. Its a very dangerous thing to do, i know i would never be able to do it myself, even with the precautions this guy has taken. If you can legally carry an open handgun with you (with the correct license and training) for defense and security reasons, i dont see the problem with a taser; and i dont think carrying or using it for defensive purposes is illegal. As long as he isnt BREAKING the law to punish these "criminals" there really isnt a problem (though police seem to be very incompetent, they even arrest law biding citizens who carry legal weapons).

This guy just showed who he is and where he is though, and thats not a good idea, especially if your out there making enemies with criminals.
Yeah agreed, the best defense against personal attacks is anonymity and mystery - they're also one of the keys to sowing fear in criminals' hearts (Just look at batman).
Quit procrastinating and make something awesome.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Ginto8 wrote:Yeah agreed, the best defense against personal attacks is anonymity and mystery - they're also one of the keys to sowing fear in criminals' hearts (Just look at batman).
And superman
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by Ginto8 »

eatcomics wrote:
Ginto8 wrote:Yeah agreed, the best defense against personal attacks is anonymity and mystery - they're also one of the keys to sowing fear in criminals' hearts (Just look at batman).
And superman
Superman has anonymity, but Batman is an even better deterrent. Sure, Superman being able to fly out of the sky and kick your ass is pretty damn effective at preventing crime, but a guy who works in the shadows, has a tank-car designed for the military, and knows kung fu? Tell me that's less scary than a flying dude in tights wearing a cape.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Ginto8 wrote:
eatcomics wrote:
And superman
Superman has anonymity, but Batman is an even better deterrent. Sure, Superman being able to fly out of the sky and kick your ass is pretty damn effective at preventing crime, but a guy who works in the shadows, has a tank-car designed for the military, and knows kung fu? Tell me that's less scary than a flying dude in tights wearing a cape.
Well in all honesty all those superheros powers are so unrealistic that I'm not scared of any of them xD
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

eatcomics wrote:Well in all honesty all those superheros powers are so unrealistic that I'm not scared of any of them xD
If realism is what scares you Batman ought to scare you shitless. Followed by the bit far-fetched Iron Man.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by Ginto8 »

dandymcgee wrote:
eatcomics wrote:Well in all honesty all those superheros powers are so unrealistic that I'm not scared of any of them xD
If realism is what scares you Batman ought to scare you shitless. Followed by the bit far-fetched Iron Man.
hell yeah
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

dandymcgee wrote:
Nah...
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

eatcomics wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:
Nah...
Oh really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZKVlQgi4PQ
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Marx Chaotix wrote:
eatcomics wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:
Nah...
Oh really?

Seen it, and it would have to catch me first... I'm more afraid of another soldier shooting me :P
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

eatcomics wrote:
Marx Chaotix wrote:
Oh really?

Seen it, and it would have to catch me first... I'm more afraid of another soldier shooting me :P
Or that thing launching a 300 lb boulder at you.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

dandymcgee wrote:
eatcomics wrote:
Marx Chaotix wrote:
Oh really?

Or that thing launching a 300 lb boulder at you.
Slightly scary, but it would have to have someone really skilled aiming it, or some nice projectile software...
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

eatcomics wrote: Slightly scary, but it would have to have someone really skilled aiming it, or some nice projectile software...
Lol, guided boulders.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

dandymcgee wrote:
eatcomics wrote: Slightly scary, but it would have to have someone really skilled aiming it, or some nice projectile software...
Lol, guided boulders.
The enemies will never see it coming. They'll be in the middle of a battle, see a rock, hide behind it then the rock will shoot off in search of victims xD