UN walk out.

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: UN walk out.

Post by LeonBlade »

pritam wrote:Media news or conspiracy theories, we'll never know the truth about many historical events, not for a great while at least. People walking out during his talk had probably heard the same thing before and just didn't wanna bother and I don't think they felt quilty about anything specific he talked about, it seems more like "here we go, fuck this shit".
This exactly, we will never know the real answer to what happened on that day honestly, or such events in the past.
To make a statement like "which it obviously didn't happen" is rather ignorant for the most part.
Yes, we should trust the government and their word 100%, but realistically when you have some compelling evidence that points in the opposite direction you can't be oblivious to those facts/arguments against what one person tells you.

But this isn't the time to discuss that I suppose. I don't think the guy was spewing crap, I just think America heard that and said "no no no, I can't listen to this I'm out".
There's no place like ~/
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

cypher1554R wrote: Oh, geez. :]
So the USA saw that in order to maintain the system balance it had to take some oil from the sandpeople. The rest of us (cool guys of the UN 8-) ) said that we were willing to look away if we get a cut. So now a lot of people died, which is sad, but we still have our hi-speed internet connection which we can use to write crap we know nothing about on the internet. ;)

This wouldn't be the first time that this has happened you know. For USA this would be the 3rd time besides WW1 (Lusitania) and WW2 (Pearl harbor), where Europe was in huge debt to USA from buying weapons to fight Hitler. If Germany had conquered Europe all that debt would just dissappear, and furthermore it would just be a matter of time before the attack on USA would begin. So the government said "f*** that sh**, we're not going to sit and wait. Some people have to die, so we can get everyone else to agree on war, so we can protect a greater cause.". A nation doesn't just go to war because you ask them kindly. You need a good reason. And I'm not pointing fingers at USA here. No. I love usa. I think that EVERY war in the whole history of human kind was started on this trick "Ahh! They attecked us! We must fight!". For example, Hitler - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_fire

I bet that the others didn't have a translator :P and honestly had nothing to do that day, like any other day, sitting in comfy chair and just listening to crap all day is their job, so.. :)
aacccctualllyyy, we get less oil from iraq then we ever have. about 2 percent of the US oil use comes from iraq. sooo this litte oil war story just hold no water.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

LeonBlade wrote:
pritam wrote:Media news or conspiracy theories, we'll never know the truth about many historical events, not for a great while at least. People walking out during his talk had probably heard the same thing before and just didn't wanna bother and I don't think they felt quilty about anything specific he talked about, it seems more like "here we go, fuck this shit".
This exactly, we will never know the real answer to what happened on that day honestly, or such events in the past.
To make a statement like "which it obviously didn't happen" is rather ignorant for the most part.
Yes, we should trust the government and their word 100%, but realistically when you have some compelling evidence that points in the opposite direction you can't be oblivious to those facts/arguments against what one person tells you.

But this isn't the time to discuss that I suppose. I don't think the guy was spewing crap, I just think America heard that and said "no no no, I can't listen to this I'm out".
Yanno, I would try to debate you. but something about that fucking ridiculous mask tells me you are past reason.

but you talk about past events, i suppose pear harbor was an inside job too, oh and what about the 93 WTC bombings, the 04 madrid train bombings, etc etc..

But you keep believing it was an inside job.. the world needs wacadoos, if only to remind us what sanity is.
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by LeonBlade »

avansc wrote:
LeonBlade wrote:

Yanno, I would try to debate you. but something about that fucking ridiculous mask tells me you are past reason.

but you talk about past events, i suppose pear harbor was an inside job too, oh and what about the 93 WTC bombings, the 04 madrid train bombings, etc etc..

But you keep believing it was an inside job.. the world needs wacadoos, if only to remind us what sanity is.
I quoted pritam because I agree with his statement when he said:
pritam wrote:Media news or conspiracy theories, we'll never know the truth about many historical events, not for a great while at least.
I never said I believed the conspiracy theories either. There are two sides to every story, and quite frankly it's hard to just believe in someone just because they say it's true, where is the logic behind that? I wont decide on a side, I don't see a reason too. I see both sides of the argument, and I tend to debate from both sides depending on which one is supporting more evidence for the current topic at hand.

Anything can be anything, don't rule something out just because you're told to believe in it a certain way. It's the same thing you should approach anything in life, don't just take everything for granted.

And honestly, if you're going to judge my statements based on a mask, I don't even know what to say.
Past reason? Really? You're really going to pull that? Pathetic...
There's no place like ~/
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

You are talking about govt conspiracies, wearing a v for vendetta/guy fawkes mask.. lol...
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

@avan... took me a while to figure out what "Pear Harbor" was xD
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by LeonBlade »

avansc wrote:You are talking about govt conspiracies, wearing a v for vendetta/guy fawkes mask.. lol...
What does that have to do anything? Honestly, please tell me one reason why my profile picture has anything to do with my argument.
I could change my profile picture right now and would that somehow effect my previous statements? No, of course not, so where is the logic behind it?
There's no place like ~/
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

LeonBlade wrote:
avansc wrote:You are talking about govt conspiracies, wearing a v for vendetta/guy fawkes mask.. lol...
What does that have to do anything? Honestly, please tell me one reason why my profile picture has anything to do with my argument.
I could change my profile picture right now and would that somehow effect my previous statements? No, of course not, so where is the logic behind it?
Well I assumed you knew what that mask represents, but clearly you don't, that, or you just don't think that personal appearance attests to your predisposition's on matters.

It would be rather hard to take someone seriously when talking on say, what race might have some superior qualities, when that said person is dresses like a KKK member.

If you just wear that mask to be well, inno, what is a PC word for weird, eccentric, then well, sorry.
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by LeonBlade »

avansc wrote:
LeonBlade wrote:
Well I assumed you knew what that mask represents, but clearly you don't, that, or you just don't think that personal appearance attests to your predisposition's on matters.

It would be rather hard to take someone seriously when talking on say, what race might have some superior qualities, when that said person is dresses like a KKK member.

If you just wear that mask to be well, inno, what is a PC word for weird, eccentric, then well, sorry.
The reason I have the Guy Fawkes is because it's associated with the online group known as Anonymous. It was adopted by Anonymous mainly around Project Chanology during the large protests of Scientology.

Now, what on Earth does this have to do with this discussion what so ever?
I understand your comparison with the KKK and all, but please this isn't the same thing what so ever.
I'm only now considering the option to just change my avatar just so that my points can stand clear of this pathetic "mask" crap that is, for whatever reason, blocking anything I say.

Feel free to continue this topic without me.
There's no place like ~/
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

This is exactly why political debates should be prohibited on these forums.
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by LeonBlade »

cypher1554R wrote:This is exactly why political debates should be prohibited on these forums.
I agree and disagree, everyone has their opinion of course, and I respect that.
I just wish that people would focus more on what's being said, and not about characteristics or other things about the person saying them.
Politics are always a really strong issue with a lot of people, so disagreements are bound to come up ;)
I completely understand what you're saying though, and agree.
There's no place like ~/
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Amen. This just goes to show that profiling and stereotypes can go a long way. :nono: