UN walk out.

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

UN walk out.

Post by avansc »

Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
wearymemory
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: UN walk out.

Post by wearymemory »

And how does that make you feel?
davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Fully Autonomous Robot
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by davidthefat »

Yea I read that, my friend posted it on Facebook. IDK man, seems like Rage Quit. Like in Starcraft, you don't say GG and just leave the game
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

wow, I'd walk out too if he was gonna be like dat...
davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Fully Autonomous Robot

Post by davidthefat »

Honestly, he did bring up a good point... When is enough?

"It was said that some 3,000 people were killed on September 11th, for which we are all very saddened," he said. "Yet, up until now in Afghanistan and Iraq, hundreds of thousands of people have been killed, millions wounded and displaced, and the conflict is still going on and expanding."
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I didn't watch the vid, just skimmed the article? What do you think I am... someone who cares?
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL

Post by LeonBlade »

Oh wow... that's not very settling I'm sure for a lot of people knowing that the US walked out like that when being questioned like that.
The minute he talks about how it's possible inside sources may have taken part in 9/11 and that's it's a widely recognized viewpoint, the US just walks out?
Alright man, let's be real here... honestly? What does that say about you. It's like "OH SHIT THEY FOUND OUT LET'S LEAVE", you can't just sit there and take it. If you stand by what you say, why does it matter if he states other view points as well, you know? If the US had no involvement in 9/11, then why did they have to get up and leave.

I understand why one would be upset in a situation where if the US didn't have any involvement, and then to be accused of attacking their own country killing all the people that were killed on 9/11, but at the same time man you gotta be strong about it and defend what you believe in when you say the US had no involvement. By getting up like that, I'd say it sets a pretty bad image.

Very interesting.
There's no place like ~/
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

I most certainly would have left as well. Ahmadinejad is an ignorant asshole who doesn't deserve being stood up to. Let him say what he wants and disregard it, that's the best way.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
pritam
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Amiga, PSOne, NDS

Post by pritam »

Media news or conspiracy theories, we'll never know the truth about many historical events, not for a great while at least. People walking out during his talk had probably heard the same thing before and just didn't wanna bother and I don't think they felt quilty about anything specific he talked about, it seems more like "here we go, fuck this shit".
vargonian
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by vargonian »

I would have preferred a response of collective laughter; I agree that walking out in some small sense can be seen as validating his statements.

It's good that even the crazies are allowed to talk, so walking out on them kinda flies in the face of that ideal.
pritam
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Amiga, PSOne, NDS

Post by pritam »

vargonian wrote:I would have preferred a response of collective laughter; I agree that walking out in some small sense can be seen as validating his statements.
Keep in mind this was not only repesentatives from one country but several.
Edit: But I see what you're saying.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

vargonian wrote:I would have preferred a response of collective laughter
Except that it wasn't even remotely humorous in any sense of the word.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

It's very sad seeing the Iranian government digging their own graves by letting this lunatic rant and rave. He could've saved his breathe by saying something constructive like requesting aid for the devastation that the war has inflicted upon their now war-ravaged lands. But no... he had to bring this shit up AGAIN. Good god he's an ignorant fool. :nono: I would've been embarrassed if I lived in Iran to have somebody like that represent my government. And assuming that 9/11 bat-shit crazy theories are correct (which they aren't) does it fucking matter at this point? Such a waste of the world's valuable time. instead of the people of Iran and Iraq directing their anger towards us; they should be directing it at their incompetent government for allowing them to give such horrendous speeches as these. Thanks to them over half the representatives don't ever want to hear anything they have to say and won't want to lift a finger to help.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

Marx Chaotix wrote:It's very sad seeing the Iranian government digging their own graves by letting this lunatic rant and rave. He could've saved his breathe by saying something constructive like requesting aid for the devastation that the war has inflicted upon their now war-ravaged lands. But no... he had to bring this shit up AGAIN. Good god he's an ignorant fool. :nono: I would've been embarrassed if I lived in Iran to have somebody like that represent my government. And assuming that 9/11 bat-shit crazy theories are correct (which they aren't) does it fucking matter at this point? Such a waste of the world's valuable time. instead of the people of Iran and Iraq directing their anger towards us; they should be directing it at their incompetent government for allowing them to give such horrendous speeches as these. Thanks to them over half the representatives don't ever want to hear anything they have to say and won't want to lift a finger to help.
I totally agree.

I would have walked out as well. Knowing ahmadinejad's position on matters, one can not tolerate this kind of behavior. He is just grand standing.

Its disappointing that so many sat, and gave him the time of day.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

Marx Chaotix wrote:And assuming that 9/11 bat-shit crazy theories are correct (which they aren't)
Oh, geez. :]
So the USA saw that in order to maintain the system balance it had to take some oil from the sandpeople. The rest of us (cool guys of the UN 8-) ) said that we were willing to look away if we get a cut. So now a lot of people died, which is sad, but we still have our hi-speed internet connection which we can use to write crap we know nothing about on the internet. ;)

This wouldn't be the first time that this has happened you know. For USA this would be the 3rd time besides WW1 (Lusitania) and WW2 (Pearl harbor), where Europe was in huge debt to USA from buying weapons to fight Hitler. If Germany had conquered Europe all that debt would just dissappear, and furthermore it would just be a matter of time before the attack on USA would begin. So the government said "f*** that sh**, we're not going to sit and wait. Some people have to die, so we can get everyone else to agree on war, so we can protect a greater cause.". A nation doesn't just go to war because you ask them kindly. You need a good reason. And I'm not pointing fingers at USA here. No. I love usa. I think that EVERY war in the whole history of human kind was started on this trick "Ahh! They attecked us! We must fight!". For example, Hitler - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_fire
avansc wrote:I totally agree.

I would have walked out as well. Knowing ahmadinejad's position on matters, one can not tolerate this kind of behavior. He is just grand standing.

Its disappointing that so many sat, and gave him the time of day.
I bet that the others didn't have a translator :P and honestly had nothing to do that day, like any other day, sitting in comfy chair and just listening to crap all day is their job, so.. :)